• Show
Clear All

• Z77 Extreme4 w/ Core-i5 3570K HD 4000 IGP - Video Flicker

Z77 Extreme4
    BIOS: P2.00
    Intel Core-i5 3570K
    G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL x2
    Dual ASUS VS248H-P - 1920x1080@60

When dual monitors are connected to VGA and DVI-D, I have occasional flickering on one or both screens. Sometimes the mouse will lag and jitter briefly while this is going on. I didn't notice it all for the short time I had only one monitor connected only to DVI-D.

Intel's official statement regarding this issue is:
    This issue is a BIOS issue specifically with the Memory Reference Code (MRC) version 1.4.0.0 or older. Please contact your system or motherboard manufacturer for a system BIOS update for your system or motherboard that includes MRC 1.5.0.0 or newer.
    If you have a system with 2 or more memory modules and are comfortable with removing all but one of them so that your memory is in single channel mode, try and remove all but one of them and the issue will go away. This can be used as a workaround until you are able to update your system BIOS from your system or motherboard manufacturer that includes MRC 1.5.0.0 or newer.

DCP Latency Checker reports:
    Some device drivers on this machine behave bad and will probably cause drop-outs in real-time audio and/or video streams. To isolate the misbehaving driver use Device Manager and disable/re-enable various devices, one at a time. Try network and W-LAN adapters, modems, internal sound devices, USB host controllers, etc.

Has anybody else encountered this issue?
Working...
X