Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock z68 pro3 Bios 2.1 update Problem! HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock z68 pro3 Bios 2.1 update Problem! HELP!

Good evening everyone. I just came across this forum because i've got a problem and i can't find a solution nonwhere. Hope you can help me out. Actually lately i've been having some BSOD and i decided to update single components drivers,but they occured. I decided 5mins ago to update the bios version to a the latest one to solve the problem. I updated it correctly,everything seemed to be pretty good,until it didn't boot the OS. It appears with the black screen of F8,which there are solutions like: open in safe mode,safe mode with this or that,open windows normally ect. Every option i use,it just loads 4s and then BSOD appears and in 1 sec it restarts without letting me read it. Also i read on the black screen that the problem can be resolved repairing your os. I made a try but the os cd doesn't let me view the repair option,it just shows me where i want to partitionate,delete,or install the os.
    Can you please help me out,actually i'm writing on my neighbours computer. I'm really depressed. If i re-install the OS,the problem shall vanish? And will the new os read the data on the hdd without telling me it needs to format? :'( thnx to everyone for reading this!
    My configuration is:
    Asrock z68 pro3
    i7 2600k
    SSD crucial M4 (Operating system)
    HDD 500gb (for data)
    Ram 4gb
    Gtx 550ti

Re: Asrock z68 pro3 Bios 2.1 update Problem! HELP!

Did you update to the new firmware for the Crucial m4? If you did not, good, don't do it, it causes problems. If you did, you have problems!

You also installed a BIOS that was made for Ivy Bridge CPUs, and you use a Sandy Bridge CPU. Many people that do that have problems.

If you reinstall the OS, it might help with new drivers, since the BIOS you installed also needs you to install several new drivers. You couldn't do that because the PC did not boot, correct? You HDD will work with any OS installation it is connected to, no need to format, the HDD data is safe.

Did you try checking the BIOS settings? Did you install the OS in IDE mode, or AHCI mode? Having the wrong setting and drivers can cause a BSOD.

Usually the first thing seen when you insert the OS disk, is the Repair option, and new installation.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Did you update to the new firmware for the Crucial m4? If you did not, good, don't do it, it causes problems. If you did, you have problems!

You also installed a BIOS that was made for Ivy Bridge CPUs, and you use a Sandy Bridge CPU. Many people that do that have problems.
      What are the problems with the latest Crucial m4 firmware?
      What are the problems with new BIOS for Sandy Bridge users?

Comment

The m4 010G firmware causes some users to find the SSD is not recognized by the PC (BIOS) when it is started. I can't say all users have this problem, but there are many identical reports of this in the Crucial forum.

The Ivy Bridge BIOS used with Sandy Bridge CPUs causes BIOS issues and others.

Comment

The m4 010G firmware causes some users to find the SSD is not recognized by the PC (BIOS) when it is started. I can't say all users have this problem, but there are many identical reports of this in the Crucial forum.

My 010G works, but I really have an issue with P2.10: my Intel GMA2000 (Sandy Bridge) doesn't work. Sorry, the screen is in Russian.

Comment

Do you have any idea how to solve the issue with Sandy Bridge graphics in UEFI 2.10?

Comment

Glad to hear FW 010G works for you, check Crucial's forum for many posts with issues.

Did you try the latest HD Graphics driver from Intel? Not sure what OS you use, so you'll need to filter for your OS on this page:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...cs+3000%2f2000

Comment

Originally posted by madge6598
                What are the problems with the latest Crucial m4 firmware?
                Take a look at Solid State Drives (SSD) - Crucial Community.

Unless there is a pressing need to install 000F (SAS Expander) or 010G (not for UEFI bios) I can't see any advantage over 0309. This thread How to downgrade to lower firmware - Crucial Community might help.
                Last edited by profJim; 11-23-2012, 02:17 AM. Reason: removed hidden tracking links in quoted text

Comment

Glad to hear FW 010G works for you, check Crucial's forum for many posts with issues.

Did you try the latest HD Graphics driver from Intel? Not sure what OS you use, so you'll need to filter for your OS on this page:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...cs+3000%2f2000
                  Yes, I did.
                  I use Windows 8 Pro 64bit with Media Center.

Yesterday I downloaded Google Chrome. I can watch Adobe Flash video on youtube.
                  But when I open IE10 - I cannot.
                  Also, I cannot watch any video (*.avi, *.mkv).

Comment

Originally posted by raymondjpg View Post
                    Take a look at Solid State Drives (SSD) - Crucial Community.

Unless there is a pressing need to install 000F (SAS Expander) or 010G (not for UEFI bios) I can't see any advantage over 0309. This thread How to downgrade to lower firmware - Crucial Community might help.

I think if I don't have any problems with 010G I don't have to downgrade the firmware. Am I right?

Comment

As a general rule, no need to either update or downgrade M4 firmware if you are not having any problems with it.
                      I was replying to madge6598 who asked "What are the problems with the latest Crucial m4 firmware?". Some people, not all, have problems with firmware 010G. If you have installed it, or taken delivery of the SSD with it installed, and you are not having any problems with it, then probably best left alone.

Comment

Originally posted by raymondjpg View Post
                        I was replying to madge6598 who asked "What are the problems with the latest Crucial m4 firmware?".
                        That was my question :)
                        Last edited by profJim; 11-23-2012, 02:19 AM. Reason: removed hidden tracking link in quoted text

Comment

Originally posted by Evgeniy64 View Post
                          Do you have any idea how to solve the issue with Sandy Bridge graphics in UEFI 2.10?
                          I found a solution to solve the following issues with Intel GMA2000 in Windows 8:
                          1) Adobe Flash video playback does not works in IE10 but works in Google Chrome. The solution is enabling the software rendering instead of GPU rendering in IE10.
                          Works only with software rendering.
                          I don't know why Intel GPU (with Intel QuickSync) does not support web browser hardware rendering.

2) problem with video files playback in Windows 8 (any *.avi, *.mkv).
                          The solution is changing the Enhanced Video Renderer to Haali's Video Renderer.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	EVR-Haali.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	753381
                          Why Windows 8 EVR does not work with Intel GMA 2000?

Comment

Working...
                          X