Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual Chipset drivers for Asrock X79 X11

Hi there,
    I've purchased the Asrock X70 Extreme 11 and found outdated drivers on the Support-Page for the Mainboard. I've already found some new chipset drivers from the suppliers, but this takes much time to find it out. for example, I do not find the LSI-drivers and I do not know, if I could use their "advanced software packages". Same goes for the Texas Instruments USB-drivers. I do not find anything on their webpage. The Intel Rapid Storage drivers are there in many different versions and while I'm sure, that there is a newer driver out there, the new file got only 12 MB instead of 24 (original).

I'm somewhat irritated. Is there a link-list to the actual chipset drivers?

Re: Actual Chipset drivers for Asrock X79 X11

What are the "actual chipset drivers"? The ones supplied by ASRock? From Intel?

The chipset drivers from ASRock are labeled, "INF driver ver:9.2.3.1020_PV", on your board's download page, in the Drivers section.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      What are the "actual chipset drivers"? The ones supplied by ASRock? From Intel?

The chipset drivers from ASRock are labeled, "INF driver ver:9.2.3.1020_PV", on your board's download page, in the Drivers section.
      Yes, and they are outdated. Asrock got a download-page for the board with all the chipset drivers there, but if I look on the Intel-page for the driver itself, I find newer versions. This is also the case for the broadcom-drivers and I'm pretty sure, that the other driver also got newer versions. So I went to the webpage of the driver manufacturer themselves. Some pages have actual drivers (broadcom) and some do not even have the driver listed from the Asrock page, like LSI.

Thats why I'm asking for a list of chipset drivers, which are up to date. I can't find them all.

Comment

Of all the mother boards I have owned, I have never had one where all or even some of the drivers were updated to the "latest" versions that I could find elsewhere. There are valid reasons for that. First, a driver may be slightly modified by the board manufacture for their product. A "new" driver found elsewhere could be a generic version that is not completely compatible. That new driver could also be slightly modified for a specific mother board (Intel) and will also not be completely compatible with another board. New drivers also should be tested and validated for a board, and manufactures don't constantly do that.

I've used new drivers that did not work well with my hardware, an Intel network chip driver. You'd think that would be safe, but it wasn't. Then, one driver update may require another, such as a SATA driver also needing the .inf files to be updated.

I've never seen a list of the latest drivers for a specific platform. Who would create one that could be trusted? Then how long would it be valid?

Unfortunately, if you want the latest drivers, you are on your own. But as I said above, the latest drivers may not be the greatest drivers for your board.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheva View Post
          Yes, and they are outdated. Asrock got a download-page for the board with all the chipset drivers there, but if I look on the Intel-page for the driver itself, I find newer versions. This is also the case for the broadcom-drivers and I'm pretty sure, that the other driver also got newer versions. So I went to the webpage of the driver manufacturer themselves. Some pages have actual drivers (broadcom) and some do not even have the driver listed from the Asrock page, like LSI.

Thats why I'm asking for a list of chipset drivers, which are up to date. I can't find them all.
          You didn't find newer drivers from the Intel site, and if you did, then they are not for any Intel chipset, there are no drivers in the download. You might want to study about the INF files.

No motherboard MFG has kept every driver up to date, just as parsec said. Hundreds of people have BSOD from drivers that have been downloaded from a vendor, because they were not for the devise ID of that board.

Comment

Originally posted by odiebugs View Post
            You didn't find newer drivers from the Intel site, and if you did, then they are not for any Intel chipset, there are no drivers in the download. You might want to study about the INF files.

No motherboard MFG has kept every driver up to date, just as parsec said. Hundreds of people have BSOD from drivers that have been downloaded from a vendor, because they were not for the devise ID of that board.
            This is why I search for the exact controller chip on the vendors site. I take your warnings and will have them in the back of my mind, when I install the drivers. If it will work, I may upload a small link-list of working ones.

Comment

500.00plus dollars for a motherboard and you dont even have drivers, what a laugh, you have to do homework before buying an expensive motherboard.
              Intel 3960X
              Intel 2600K CPU
              Asus X79 Sabertooth Mobo
              Asus Z77 Fatal1ty One Professional
              Asus 980GTX Matrix
              AMD 290X Matrix
              CORSAIR DOMINATOR 32gbs 1866mhz with Corsair Link
              CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16gbs 1866mhz with Corsair Link
              Samsung 1TB 850 Pro and 1.5 TB WD Black Data Drive
              512 Samsung 850 Pro SSD and 256 Sandisk Extreme Pro 960gb SSD Data drive
              Corsair 1200W AX Modular Corsair AX850W Modular PSU
              Corsair Obsidian 800D Case Corsair Obsidian 650D Case
              Swiftech H20-330 Edge Kit Cooling Corsair H-60 Enclosed Water Kit
              Corsair H-100 Enclosed Loop in PC2
              Windows 7 64 bit Windows 7 64 bit Professional

Comment

OMGosh, read the post, he wants a list of the newest drivers that will work on his board. Of course all the drivers are provided on the download page. You've never had a board that did not replace every driver as soon as a new one was available? I've never seen one that did.

Comment

Working...
                X