No device Deteted after bios update for Fatal1ty Pro gen 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No device Deteted after bios update for Fatal1ty Pro gen 3

I have read many forums on this issue yet still not able to resolve it..

I updated to bios 2.10 and since then have not been able to detect my SSD Corsiar drive, I have reinstalled windows7 64bit on it twice and it will reboot with the updates but as soon as they are done it will not detect the drives, windows cant find device :s

I also have 4 X 4gig Corsair ram DDR3 1333 and the computer will not boot with all 4 sticks in it.. I have sent the board back to supplyer who returned it back saying there is nothing wrong with it..

This is the worst Board I have ever come accross and will not ever go near Asrock again for anything, Anyone got a suggestion on how I can get my $4,000 in hardware to work.. once and for all?

Re: No device Deteted after bios update for Fatal1ty Pro gen 3

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0618 (640x480).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	753310

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0619 (640x471).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	753311

Comment

The UEFI/BIOS certainly sees your Corsair SSD, but it's not first in the boot order, your LG drive is. Did you try putting the Corsair first?

We need the exact model number of your memory to determine if it is compatible or not. Was that one four DIMM kit?

When you installed Windows 7, did you have all your drives connected to the PC? If so, Windows will put the MBR on a secondary drive for some reason (anti-piracy). If the other drive was your 3TB WDC HDD, ALL mother boards and Windows have problems with drives over 2TB, and there is a program you must run to fix that, which is available on your boards download page, called "ASRock 3TB+ Unlocker Utility ver:1.0".

Windows update is known to change boot orders after some updates, which seems to be the case. I would also suggest Disabling "SATA Aggressive Link Power Management", which is not good for use with SSDs.

PCI ROM priority should be set to Legacy ROM, I highly doubt any devices you have use a UEFI ROM, that is not related to the UEFI type BIOS of your board. That is likely causing issues and is not a default setting.

Starting the PC with two video cards just after loading Windows on a new build is not a good idea. Remove one card, disable any X-fire settings, and don't use the Virtu software until the board boots fine.

I would also go with Full Screen Logo enabled until the PC is stable. Disable Intel Rapid Start if it is enabled, you must set up a partition on a drive before that can be used.

Comment

Working...
        X