Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New ASRock z77 Extreme4 - PCI-E Video Card(s) = Not detecting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ASRock z77 Extreme4 - PCI-E Video Card(s) = Not detecting.

Hey guys,

So I just recently purchased the following parts:

Intel i5 3570k
    ASRock z77 Extreme4
    nVidia GeForce 570
    G.Skill Ripjaws (8GB)

Got everything pieced together last night, had a couple of mis-boots, where we thought everything was connected, but after cross-checking cable connections, it finally booted, but it didn't detect the 570, it only displayed on the onboard video.

I didn't think much of it, just continued the Windows installation, and installed all the drivers off the mobo's driver disc. After all of that was done, I began looking as to why my video card wasn't picking up video when I switched the monitor connection.

Did some troubleshooting, and it sounds like I'm not alone in this, even found a few threads on this forum from a couple months back, unfortunately -- all the resolutions didn't prove to resolve my issue.

I disabled the iGPU (I believe) from BIOS, and also set that the default video should be "PCI Express", according to the drop-down.
    I'm also emailing ASRock through their customer support feature on their website, but I thought I would pick you guys's brain first.

Further information that just came to mind:
    I have tried both PCI Express slots, and also 2 different PCI-E cards. My old card: nVidia GeForce 260 and also on both slots, also within the BIOS there is a "Hardware Browser" feature on the main page, and when you click it, you get a fairly interactive screenshot of your motherboard, and using your mouse to hover over the individual parts, gives a bit of detail about whats connected. Hovering over the processor, it identifies it as the exact processor I am using, same with the RAM. When I hover it over the PCI-E slot it says "Empty".

Was doing some further reading online and there may be some sort've fail safe to this motherboard where it shuts out secondary slots.. I don't know, lol.

Btw, BIOS Version: 1.8

I believe they have an updated version to 2.0, but I've never updated BIOS before.
    Again, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Further information:
    The fan appears to be spinning on both cards, so there is substantial power going to the card.

Re: New ASRock z77 Extreme4 - PCI-E Video Card(s) = Not detecting.

Continuing to research today I found this:
    ASRock Virtu MVP - Lucid Virtu Switchable Graphics Demo - YouTube

I installed all drivers that came with my mobo, so is it possible this has anything to do with the symptoms I'm experiencing?

Comment

Working...
    X