Asrock Z77 Pro4 - No Sata Raid Driver found in Win 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z77 Pro4 - No Sata Raid Driver found in Win 7

Having an issue of no Sata Driver being found in a new Win 7 Pro installation.
    Got the latest bios 1.4 and the latest Sata Drivers.
    The raid drive array shows up as hard drive in the hard drive list names "Volume0" fine though.

When browsing the sata drivers directory, I click on the i386 folder and nothing comes up in the list.

Any you tech guys have any clues of what might be the issue?

Thanks,
    Tony

Re: Asrock Z77 Pro4 - No Sata Raid Driver found in Win 7

First, was your RAID array created using the Intel IRST RAID software, or what?

Next, regardless of the RAID implementation, if the RAID driver did not exist, you could not create a RAID array, so it is there.

The Intel IRST driver, when installed using their installation program, is found in C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\iaStor.sys.

What SATA driver directory are you looking at, what is the path? When you say the driver is not found, do you mean by you or something else?

Comment

Raid array was created using the software built in the motherbaord. You hit Ctrl-I to enter the GUI.

Drivers were downloaded from asrock's website and copied onto a USB thumbdrive.

You select the i386 folder on the thumbdrive and windows 7 doesn't recognize any of the drivers on the thumbdrive. But I checked and the driver files are on the thumbdrive. Just for the heck of it, I tried the AMD folder and Win7 found one sata driver but it would hang trying to load it but would eventually fail to load. I'm sure it was because it was in AMD folder and it's not an AMD system.

Thanks,
      Tony

Comment

Sorry, I did not understand your first post correctly, I missed "installation".

What ASRock did was put both the Intel 32 bit "F6" RAID drivers (i386) and Intel 64bit "F6" RAID drivers (AMD64) into one download file. That is not how Intel provides these drivers, and is confusing if you're not familiar with them.

In your case, you must copy all the files, and not the folder, from the AMD64 folder into the root directory/folder of the USB drive. Only the seven files in that folder should be on the USB drive. The "AMD64" label does not mean they are for an AMD PC, that is actually the 64 bit trademark which AMD owns and apparently came up with before Intel did. The Intel RAID drivers will not work on AMD chipsets. "AMD64" just means they are the 64 bit version of the RAID driver.

I've done this myself many times, and it should work for you as I described.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
          Sorry, I did not understand your first post correctly, I missed "installation".
          In your case, you must copy all the files, and not the folder, from the AMD64 folder into the root directory/folder of the USB drive. Only the seven files in that folder should be on the USB drive.
          I tried this and again, the computer tries to load the driver for a few minutes and comes back with message saying iaStor.inf driver could not be installed.

Are there other drivers that need to be installed first before the Sata Raid Driver?

Comment

No, that is the only driver you need to install. Actually, I've read that Windows 7 does not require the Intel RAID driver be loaded during an OS installation when installing in RAID mode on a RAID volume, but I've never done it that way.

Actually, I've never used the driver files that ASRock supplies, I downloaded them directly from Intel. The IRST version ASRock has on your and my boards download page is 11.2.0.1006, which I am using now, but as I said I downloaded them from Intel. You can find them here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...&DownloadType=

The download for the OS RAID driver installation is "f6flpy-x64_11.2.0.1006.zip", which is the 64 bit version. Just unzip/extract the files from the download file, and copy them to an empty USB drive, you don't need the F6Readme file, but you should read section 5.3 to review the steps to install this driver.

Once the OS is installed, and you have installed the Intel chipset drivers, the MEI, and your video drivers, you can download and run STOR_Win7_XP_11.2.0.1006.exe to install the the IRST GUI, and the complete driver package.

Maybe the files ASRock has that you used are corrupted or something, who knows? All I know is I've installed the F6 RAID driver from Intel many times, with those files copied to a USB drive, and it worked fine every time.

Comment

Working...
            X