Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsRock BIOS Setup screen aspect ratio

Re: AsRock BIOS Setup screen aspect ratio

no downgrading, and if you have a sandy bridge processor you have now made it so you can't overclock it, nor can you use the XMP profiles for RAM.

Comment

you can go back to old bios if you pull out the bios chip and plug in one with your old bios version on it,plenty on ebay,they even pre flash to whatever bios version you want if you ask them to(this is just a last resort solution)
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So even if you set your aspect ratio in your video cards software, or in Windows, which I imagine you must do with your CRT, it is ignored in the UEFI display?

I've never dealt with this so I don't know what happens, just wondering.

Comment

crt are you joking

Comment

Originally posted by DahlKen View Post
            no downgrading, and if you have a sandy bridge processor you have now made it so you can't overclock it, nor can you use the XMP profiles for RAM.
            How come I can't overclock it ? my first OC tests showed me this little monster can automagically hit 4.8 with no further tweaking, or is there any "feature" in this BIOS version that I should worry about ???

True about the ram, but going from 1333 to 1666 for %7 performance increase, I just won't bother...

I just want to clock this SB up to 4.5ghz 24/7 and save money for an SSD...

Here in Argentina, you can buy an Intel 520 256gb for the bargain price of U$S403...

Thanks !!!

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
              So even if you set your aspect ratio in your video cards software, or in Windows, which I imagine you must do with your CRT, it is ignored in the UEFI display?

I've never dealt with this so I don't know what happens, just wondering.
              Indeed, I've set up my resolution to 1024x768 and I can play NFS Underground 2 at the correct aspect ratio,

but whenever I wan't to go and fiddle with the BIOS setup, I can only see the left half of the screen!

I can change values around, but I feel rather uncomfortable without knowing wich values I punch in...

Comment

Working...
              X