Asrock z77 Pro4 wont post...4 beeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock z77 Pro4 wont post...4 beeps

OK....z77 Pro 4, Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K BIOS P.120 15B RAM 2x 2gig G.Skill F3-12800CL9D (CPU and RAM listed as supported on ASrock site). NO matter what I do when it powers up i get the following:
    1. Push Power Button
    2. 4 Short beeps
    3. Fans power up for 5seconds
    4. Loops same as above until i power off.
    NO Video
    If I boot with NO ram get 1 long beep. I have tried RAM in all slots and combos and still get same result. I have tried with mobo in case and on bench with same results. Ideas???

Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Asrock z77 Pro4 wont post...4 beeps

Try going into your bios settings and check that your on-board graphics is enabled, I think PCIe graphics is enabled by default.

Comment

did you install the correct inf and me intel drivers

Comment

get any resolution to this problem? i've got the same thing, though if I put a stick of ram in slot 2 it seems to boot fine.... tried different ram also

Comment

For AMI BIOS, four short beeps is a memory error. Check compatibility (model and SPEED!) and not just G.SKILL, it must match the model number and speed. Use A2 and B2 slots first for best results. No one has listed their RAM model numbers...

Comment

I'm running my system with slot 1 and 2 with corsair 2x4 cmz8gx3m2a1600c9b. seems to run of there, if I try to dual channel 4 beeps or try in slot 3 & 4. also got g skill 1600 2x4 cl9d-8gbrl, these were same deal.

Comment

If the memory is compatible, for dual channel use with two DIMMS, the DIMMs should be installed in slots A2 and B2. Please check the manual for proper DIMM installation. Use slots A2 and B2 for the best compatibility.

Comment

I have a similar problem. I've updated the uefi bios, and I get 4 beeps, it shuts down, restarts, and I get to windows 8.

I've got g.skill running at 2400 (it's rated for 2400).

(Actually I have a Asrock z77 Extreme 4)

Any suggestions?
                Last edited by Joe Guerra; 11-14-2012, 10:05 AM.

Comment

I would try a memory tester like memtest86+ or similar. 2400 is quite fast and I bet the timings are a little too tight for those particular dimms. I've also seen where the memory needs to warm up a little to work (ironically I have had g.skills that exhibit the same "heat" behavior)
                  4 shorts is a memory error, so I would go down that path first and make sure that the memory is working properly, and without errors. if you get errors, I would RMA the dimms if they are actually rated for 2400. (assuming of course you are using the XMP profile and not setting custom timings)

Syn

Comment

I ran the memtester, it all checked out fine.

Then I upgraded the bios to 2.5, and it seems ok now?

Comment

Working...
                    X