ASRock 100HT - parts for 2nd HDD missing - HELP please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock 100HT - parts for 2nd HDD missing - HELP please

I did lose the packaging for the PC and now I want to install a 2nd HDD, but the cables are gone

Does anyone can spare the set to install the 2nd drive, hopefully in Germany or Europe?

The SATA power cable is specific to the board.

Help is highly appreciated.

Bernie

Re: ASRock 100HT - parts for 2nd HDD missing - HELP please

That doesn't make sense to me. Power for any drive comes from the power supply itself, even if you are using old IDE ribbon cable drives. Is that a laptop or a mother board, the "100HT?

Comment

The 100HT is one model of the ASRock Mini PC series, not a notebook.
      The motherboard is HM55-HT.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Core100 motherboard.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	752269
      It has a SATA data connector and a power connecter (on the motherboard below the barcode), which is a white, small male connector with 4 pins in a row. So standard SATA power connectors do not work.
      All ASRock Mini PCs have a cable set included for an additional 2,5 HDD. That is what I am looking for.

Bernie
      Last edited by Bumble Bee; 08-25-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Is ASRock support really monitoring this forum? I would be glad to get the information, how even to order a set!

A direct contact through the ASRock website with technical support generated no response either.

Positive about ASRock: Technical support replied and is looking for the parts.

ASRock support put the parts in the mail

This was an excellent support experience.

Subject closed.
        Last edited by Bumble Bee; 08-28-2012, 12:49 PM. Reason: ASRock response today

Comment

Hi, should I start a new thread, as I have exactly the same problem, but I bought mine from eBay and the seller has no included the cables. I have a new 1tb drive and no way to fit it. Can I purchase these cables anywhere please?

Comment

Originally posted by Luojie View Post
            Hi, should I start a new thread, as I have exactly the same problem, but I bought mine from eBay and the seller has no included the cables. I have a new 1tb drive and no way to fit it. Can I purchase these cables anywhere please?
            I would do as Bumble Bee did in the post DIRECTLY above yours. Contact ASRock Technical Support and inquire.
            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
              I would do as Bumble Bee did in the post DIRECTLY above yours. Contact ASRock Technical Support and inquire.
              Thank you for the link, I have done as you said, much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                Asrock sent me the cables, I am over the moon, I've never had service like that before. I always ... NO, I used to buy Dell, but will in future buy Asrock machines.
                I had their very last cables for this machine, and they didn't even flinch, that's what I call service.

I desperately needed the cables, as I'm a freeware writer, and it's vital that I keep regular backups. I use my freeware to help charities.
                The machine is so quiet in use, anyway, thank you everyone for all your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Luojie View Post
                  I've never had service like that before. I always ... NO, I used to buy Dell, but will in future buy Asrock machines.
                  While they don't participate here in the forum that much they are rather responsive when contacted directly.

Thank you for the heartening words concerning your experience. It's reassuring to hear that.
                  Last edited by - wardog -; 12-20-2013, 08:34 PM.
                  #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                  ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
                  X