Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What motherboard to upgrade to so all my hardware is compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What motherboard to upgrade to so all my hardware is compatible?

My Motherboard Asrock K10N78FullHD hSLI R3 has now broken so i need to know what motherboards use the exact same hardware? i would have just bought this same motherboard again but im finding it hard to come by and i thought maybe getting an upgraded motherboard will be better all round anyway.

Thanks for all help

Sean

Re: What motherboard to upgrade to so all my hardware is compatible?

The CPU you have is the main thing we need to know, which you did not list, so...

Comment

I have a AMD 1055t Cpu and use ddr2 ram
      Last edited by seany123; 08-19-2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Any ideas?

Comment

your problem is great as windows highly depends on the motherboard for driver configs , if you cant get the same motherboard than you will have to reinstall windows any ways on a new motherboard to get stability so it doesn't matter in this case

Comment

Your mother board selection will be small, since you have DDR2 memory, which is rarely used on new mother boards. With that information, your board is older and the PCs hardware will be less likely to be compatible. What video card are you using? If it is an AGP card, you won't find any new boards that can use it.

Do you have SATA or IDE HDDs? If IDE then you'll have even fewer if any choices. Figuring this out is a lot of work, which is why no one is interested in doing it, particularly since you have not listed the hardware you have.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
              Your mother board selection will be small, since you have DDR2 memory, which is rarely used on new mother boards. With that information, your board is older and the PCs hardware will be less likely to be compatible. What video card are you using? If it is an AGP card, you won't find any new boards that can use it.

Do you have SATA or IDE HDDs? If IDE then you'll have even fewer if any choices. Figuring this out is a lot of work, which is why no one is interested in doing it, particularly since you have not listed the hardware you have.

Im using a GeForce 8400GS 512MB PCI-E video card, the HDDs use SATA.

yes i understand its difficult to work out which motherboards would work with my components, but i really dont know the best way to find that out.

Seany

Comment

Be creative with web searches, such as: 1055t motherboard support
                Keep an open mind with using DDR3 memory; it's cheap compared to the current cost of DDR2 memory.
                You might do best with buying a used motherboard from an outfit that provides a 30 - 90 day warranty.
                There are many places on the web where you can buy NOS (new, old stock) but the prices will be very high.
                Sometimes you can find complete systems at thrift stores.
                I bought a fully functional win98se system quite a few years ago at a thrift store for $10 which included the w98se cd and product key.
                Good luck with your search!!
                Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Working...
                X