Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Pro3 2.10 Bios update locks CPU Ratio/Ram

Hello,

Recently I updated my bios on my Z68 Pro3 motherboard to version 2.10, and this resulted in my 2500k's ratio becoming locked along with the memory speed being limited to 1333 (My RAM is 1600) and most of the voltage controls for the CPU are severely limited. The max multiplier I can set my CPU to now is 37, whereas pre-flash I was able to run it stably at 45. Now even if I set it to the "Max" of 37 it will never get there due to the limited controls, only sometimes reaching 36 during operation.

To try and revert this bios flash, I found windows based flashing utilities from asrock which allowed me to flash older BIOSs. If you try to use Instant Flash with the latest 2.10 BIOS it will refuse to detect any older BIOSs. After flashing to version 1.20 I was able to confirm that the CPU ratio had been locked, and that it still correctly detects the CPU as a "2500k". Here is an image of the Advanced/CPU Configuration area of the bios.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120810_152159.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	756053

Upon searching around the internet I was able to find that the reason for this is that only bios version 2.10 includes updates to the intel code, and that flashing other BIOSes will not overwrite this code and thus not fix the problem. Is there any way at all to flash the entire bios including the intel code? And if not, where would I acquire a new BIOS chip?

Re: Z68 Pro3 2.10 Bios update locks CPU Ratio/Ram

Dear xwidghet,

It maybe caused by updating BIOS failed.
    Please kindly contact me via PM, I will help you to solve this issue.

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
      Dear xwidghet,

It maybe caused by updating BIOS failed.
      Please kindly contact me via PM, I will help you to solve this issue.

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day
      ASRock TSD
      Emily
      Thank you, I have sent you a pm. I'm replying here because even though I sent you a private message, the sent folder still shows 0 so I am unsure if it was actually sent.

Comment

Please? help me too! I'am upgrade my bios to 2.10 in the may of current year, and CPU RATIO Locked by 37(max) - and my i5 2500k down-graded to i52500 without k.

P.S. My English is very poor , i live in Russia

Comment

ASRock TSD - Emily - please tell me, did you got any pm from me? My sent folder also still shows 0....

Comment

Working...
          X