Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issue with idle cpu on z77 extreme 4-m

Hi

Right so i have this issue, witch isnt necessarily causing problems but it isnt normal either. But first pc specs

assrock z77 extreme 4-m
    intell i5 3570k @ 3.4Mhz ivy bridge
    16Gig ddr3
    radeonhd 7800
    250 ssd and 750 sata2

Right so my "problem" lies whereas my pc is idle'ing. My cpu being a quad core uses only one when its doing nothing special, as u all know, so it runs at 1.6mhz (16*100) instead of 3.4Mhz (34*100) or in reality 3.6 with the speedstep technology but no matter that. The problem is that when i open my pc all is fine, its idleing at 1.6, then i play a game or something else that stresses my cpu and it goes to full speed, but when it exit my program its not going down again. When i first got my pc all worked fine, i installed cpu-z and coretemp to keep an eye on what my cpu did on basic setting before i went to oc'ing and then after i quitted my game or w/e my speed dropped down to 1.6 again.
    So i started oc'ing abit, i uptaded my bios first, looked up some guides ect and then started upping my multiplier abit, just taking it easy. I ended up with no problems at 4.2 but i didnt like how my cpu went up from using 1.1 to 1.2v, so i lowered my core speed using offset mode till it got closes to 1.1 again, then stressed it using aida64 for a few hours and all was fine.
    Thats when i started noticing my speeds didnt drop in idle mode anymore, so i put everything on basic setting again, but no luck. I spammed the "load uefi default" a few times, still no luck. i updated bios from version 1.2 to 1.3, then again 1.0 yet nothing seemed to fix it. I updated all possible drivers that i know off and tried god knows what that ive already forgotted but nothing seems to work. After its been to 3.6 its not going down again, witch also affects my temperatures whom are my main issues. They are not going to high or anything but on idle i was around 28-30 degrees and now with it being on maxx all the time they have a continuous heat for 40-45 degrees even if its doing nothing all day long.

please some help and already some thanks in advance,

Tossy

Re: issue with idle cpu on z77 extreme 4-m

It seems like i found the problem, aperently the intells rapid storage technology seemed to keep running on the background after use a heavier program. I didnt notice it since it did not show up on my task manager, but i managed to find it one way or another. Removed and reinstalled drivers and it seems fixed.

Been looking for a solution for over a week now, when i finally post a thread for help i manage to fix it myselve within the hour, seems something typical for me!

thx either way, gues this can be locked.

Comment

Working...
    X