Extreme 11 motherboard won't recognize any video card's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme 11 motherboard won't recognize any video card's

Just got in the brand new Extreme 11 MB in. Come to find it has a serious issue. No matter which video cards or which PCI-E slots I use, the motherboard boot's up 100% of the time with a d6 code. Telling me there is no "console output" IE no video card installed. I tried all four of my 7970 Lightning's and my GTX680 in all PCI-E slots. Same d6 code. Plugged in both of the extra SLI/Crossfire power plugs, reset the CMOs, reset the CPU and memory. Nothing. I can see it run through the boot-up codes like it's going to work, then always freeze's on D6 with no monitor image.

Using whatever BIOS version came with the board. There appears to be only one BIOS chip on this board. Fan's on the video card's always spool up and light up like normal. Extreme 11 just won't recognize any video card, making the board pretty much dead on arrival.

Thoughts?

edit: Well, I swapped out my Team Group 2400mhz RAM and tested with some old ones I had lying around. The board now works! If it doesn't like that RAM why would it give a video card error? Strange.

So I was setting up my LSI 8x RAID 0 and everything went fine. But in the config utility there was nowhere to select the stripe size. Should I assume that LSI only uses a default stripe size?

Oh BTW the LSI controller on boot is pretty slow. Takes 20+ seconds just to load up before the BIOS even posts.
    Last edited by Zybane; 08-02-2012, 03:09 AM.
Working...
X