Unable to boot anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to boot anything

i just got my new set up. I can't install my windows 7, since it can't boot from cd.
    • Intel Core i7-3770
    • ASRock Z77 Pro4-M
    • 8 GB DDR3 1600 (2 x 4 GB)
    • Hard drive: 2 TB 64 MB 7200 obratov
    • AMD Radeon HD 7850 2048 MB

I insert the drivers for motherboard, I get A question:

"Generate serial ATA driver diskette? [Y/N]"

When I press Y, it says:

"No supported drive found: Floppy 1.44mb and USB drive!"
    If i have USB pluged in It ask me to save some files on.. [Y/N]. -> Y. It saves the files then It wants to restart.

what ever option i try DvI or RAID it just says it's unable to boot from device and try to plug-in other..

I tryed Windows 7 dvd, ASRock drivers dvd, Club driver cd(Graphics)

Help

Re: Unable to boot anything

How many hard drives do you have plugged in ?

If you only have one that will have the OS (windows ) then you don't install any drivers.

The only time you install drivers are for a RAID array.

If you are installing a RAID array, you must use the Intel rom or Marvell rom and set the array, then start windows and then load the RAID driver.

It sounds like you are pointing to the floppy setup that is for making a floppy that will load the drivers onto a floppy.

Now a days, there is no need for a floppy anymore, as you can put RAID drivers on another drive or flash drive and the system will see it.

You have 2-(Intel) chipset Sata 3 ports and 2-Sata 3 ports that are ASMedia.

You should use the Intel ports for the OS.

Comment

Re: Unable to boot anything

Originally posted by I'Be High View Post
      i just got my new set up. I can't install my windows 7, since it can't boot from cd.
      • Intel Core i7-3770
      • ASRock Z77 Pro4-M
      • 8 GB DDR3 1600 (2 x 4 GB)
      • Hard drive: 2 TB 64 MB 7200 obratov
      • AMD Radeon HD 7850 2048 MB

I insert the drivers for motherboard, I get A question:

Help
      I experienced the exact same thing with the Asrock Z77 Pro4.

I think the reason for that is because it is trying to boot from the DVD that came with the motherboard.

My solution:

1. I installed Win7.

2. Checked Win 7's Device Manager.

3. For each item that has an exclamation mark, I told Win7 to look for it in the Asrock drivers DVD which I then insert.

4. Win 7 installs the driver.

5. **Before** Win 7 reboots (if it does), I remove the Asrock DVD (If I don't remove the DVD then I get the message you describe).

6. Win7 reboots.

7. I go back to Device Manager and select the next item with an exclamation mark.

8. I insert the Asrock DVD again.

9. repeat step #4, 5, and 6... and so on....

Important note: Install Win 7 first. Worry about the drivers later. After Win 7 is installed, check for drivers using Device Manager. If Win 7 cannot find the driver from Device Manager, then re-insert the Asrock drivers DVD and launch auto-run or setup, and install/select each driver from the DVD one step at a time and make sure that the Asrock DVD is not in the DVD boot drive when Win7 reboots.
      Last edited by bofhlusr; 07-31-2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X