Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gtx 670 Tri Sli problems with Extreme7 gen3

Hi,

Just splashed out on 3 gtx 670's but I'm disappointed to discover lots of compatibly issues...

With one it runs fine.

Two initially brought up a (code 12) in the device manager until I flashed the bios to 2.22a now I can run sli.

Three brings up a (code 12) for one of the cards, from fiddling around it doesn't make any difference which card or which slot. If there are three cards installed one will get the (code 12) error...

I've tried uninstalling my sound card and disabling all the onboard tech on the motherboard and unplugging all usb devices but the mouse but no luck...

I'm a little frustrated and stuck, I emailed asrock a few days ago but no response yet.

Has anyone else managed to get tri sli to work with either the 670/680? Any tricks to get it to work?

Thanks!

Windows 7 64bit
    i7 2600k
    Extreme7 gen3
    3 Gainward gtx 670
    xonar d2x
    16 gb Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
    Crucial c300

Re: Gtx 670 Tri Sli problems with Extreme7 gen3

No response yet from ASrock...

Can someone at least tell me if they can successfully run tri sli 670/680's on this board?

Thanks...

Comment

After some fiddling myself (and no help asrock) I've managed to get all the cards recognised by the motherboard if i put them in slots 1, 4, 5. This doesn't solve the problem of course as the tri sli bridge doesn't fit and the card in slot 5 is running @ x4 speed.

Comment

You could buy a ribbon bridge long enough to get you going perhaps? I don't have the money for one 670/680, let alone 3, so can't help there.
        Rod

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ASUS Sabertooth Z77
        i7-2600k i7-2600k
        G-Skill 16GB Ripjaw X DDR3 1866 G-Skill 16GB Sniper DDR3 1866
        Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 3.0 Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 2.0
        EVGA GTX670FTW Sig2 EVGA 2XGTX560Ti FPB SLI
        Corsair HX850 Silver Plus Cooler Master Silent Pro 850
        Crucial M4 128GB SSD Samsung 830 128GB SSD

Comment

Have tried using a long flexible ribbon, but sli will not work with the card in slot five.

At the mo all I can use my third card for is physx...

It'd be nice to get a responce form asrock saying... well... anything...

I'm a bit fed up with this board now.... The first had to be returned as it was completly unstable and now this... Both times the support has been non-existant. The moral of the story? DO NOT BUY ASROCK!

I'm going to try to sell this board and go back to evga.

Comment

Working...
          X