Asrock 970 extreme3 motherboard problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock 970 extreme3 motherboard problem

Hey guys, I've had my comp for a while now and since I finished building it there's been a strange black screen problem. It boots up fine sometimes and when it doesn't boot all the fans spin but there is no output to the monitor or the external devices (mouse, keyboard, etc.). Sometimes when I reseat the ram or video card it will boot up but I'm still not sure what I need to do to get this fixed permanently. If you have any ideas please help me out, thanks.

Re: Asrock 970 extreme3 motherboard problem

I have the same motherboard same problem. It persist with even latest BIOS. Only Fix I've found for it is not letting the system enter any low power states.

Comment

Lol yeah that's what I've been doing, I just went out of town and I didn't want to leave it on for that time. I'm probably going to get a new mobo :(
      Last edited by Firekicker8; 07-22-2012, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Bump

Comment

does not any techs support this thread........I have same problem.

Comment

I've got the same problem, crashes during the boot at different times. Bump.

Comment

Oh no.... I've the same problem here and i'm getting crazy.
              Sometimes it boots up, sometimes not.
              I've bought the mobo recently, with 8gb DDR3 kingston ram (I've seen the compatibility list from asrock site) and the new CPU (AMD FX-6300)
              When it won't boot up.... i try to reseat the RAM and ....puff ...magically it boots, then I restart the PC and it continued to work
              The day after....it wont' boots up again....I repeat the procedure and it works. I don't understand.
              I've got the last Bios 1.70, i tried to run memtest for 6 hours with no results...also tried to cut off any peripheral. The only strange thing that works is to reseat the ram modules
              When the PC boots up, then I've no problems, it works fine....tests also in stress mode for some hours....

Maybe i'll try to change the Mobo.....i don't know....PSU and VGA works fine, until I change the motherboard and the CPU.

Comment

Same problem here. The only way to boot up after the pc was shutdown, is to press power button, then leave it for about 5 minutes until all hardware components in the motherboard gets electrically well conducted, then reset again, you may get a good chance of getting the pc up to windows login screen if you are lucky.
                I spent lots of time researching about this issue and with ASROCK support, neither of them posted solution, ASROCK support is quiet.

Comment

I posted my final update about this issue on another post here
                  http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...fan-mouse.html

Hope it help your issue

Comment

Hi everyone.
                    Sorry for my english. Seems like i found a simple solution. Just want to share it.
                    In my case, this problem occured after I installed a new AMD FX-6300 processor instead of my old AMD Phenom x4 965.

I cleared CMOS using jumper on motherboard. That's it. It is strange, but this helped me.
                    By doing this, I was actually trying to make my PC boot with drives set to AHCI mode (btw, it worked too).

Current specs: Asrock 970 Extreme3, AMD FX-6300 BE.
                    Last edited by nugliar; 04-25-2014, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X