Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77E-ITX - No CPU PLL option in BIOS.

Greetings!

I am currently trying to overclock my 3570K on the Z77E-ITX (All sitting in a Prodigy case with custom watercooling). I have hit a wall though, as I cannot find any CPU PLL option in the BIOS.

Is this intentionally or a missing feature ?

At BIOS 1.30 - Also, another person on OCN have mentioned this problem, so I am not the only one.

Re: Z77E-ITX - No CPU PLL option in BIOS.

Noone ?

Been trying to email Asrock - Have not heard back.

Comment

Bump - Still seeking an answer regarding the lack of CPU PLL VOLTAGE ADJUST on the Z77E-ITX - Is this really right ? That such a fundamental
      thing is not present on the Z77E-ITX motherboard ?

(It is NOT the "PLL OVERVOLTAGE"-option, this is present in the BIOS.)

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Bump - 2 weeks and still no answer.

Comment

Another observation from OCN regarding the lack of CPU PLL VOLTAGE regulation:

Its great little board, only thing that concerns me is the lack of cpu pll voltage adjustment, when i watched hw monitor yesterday while testing 4.6GHz OC cpu pll volts were like 1.91v which is way higher than i consider safe for daily use.
            Those are a lot higher than would be needed even with my daily 4.5GHz clocks, i think around 1.87v.

I have made the exact same observations. Could we please be informed whether or not the lack of CPU PLL VOLTAGE REGULATION is intentional ?

This thread been bumped for 3 weeks no, with no answer - And I made 2 support tickets at Asrock which also gone un-answered. Is this really the low level support I and others can expect from Asrock ?

Comment

Dear all,

Z77E-ITX doesn't have CPU PLL voltage option.
              Please kindly refer to below link to check Z77E-ITX user manual.
              Link: http://download.asrock.com/manual/Z77E-ITX.pdf
              There is no the option in user manual.

If you would like to have better performance on overclocking, you could choose our Z77 Extreme4, Z77 Extreme9 etc...
              These models have the option under BIOS.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
              ASRock TSD
              Emily

Comment

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately it was not quite the one I had hoped for - The CPU PLL is still quite too high for a overclocked CPU, though I guess that the Asrock is meant as a HTPC motherboard, and not quite the overclocking board (Though, its does a remarkable job doing it, even though it lacks CPU PLL voltage control). Will move the Asrock Z77E-ITX over to a NAS/Media PC, where it will remain clocked at default CPU clock, and go with another brand (ASUS or EVGA) for the Gaming/Folding Mitx system, as these Mitx boards does support CPU PLL VOLTAGE regulation from the BIOS.

Again, thanks for taking your time answering my question.
                Sincerely,

Comment

Working...
                X