Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PCI simple Communications Controller driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCI simple Communications Controller driver?

I am hooking my new cell
    Phone
    up and after trying to find a driver, I'm getting No PCI simple Communications Controller and No SM Bus Controller. I looked at drivers on AsRock and am confused. Did I not install something? What should I be looking for? I looked on the AsRock download section last nite. I downloaded all the drivers on the page. The cif driver says no device found. The inf driver seemed to install fine. I did all this after installing a new copy of windows7 64. Intel
    driver update
    utility says my hd 4000 is up to date. Everything else it says to get drivers from manufacturer. I'm trying to figure this out. Thanks for any help.

Re: PCI simple Communications Controller driver?

Are you saying that you want to plug in your cell phone to your computer ?

If this is so, the drivers from the motherboard MFG have nothing to do with a cell phone.

You need to go to the MFG of your cell phone and see if they have a utility for the phone and the drivers, which will be a communication driver.

Some phones do not make a PC utility so you can connect a cell phone.

If your cell phone has a SD card, sometimes you can plug in the phone to a USB port and your PC will see the SD card as a drive, SOMETIMES.

You can always get a SD card reader and plug the card into the PC, so you can put stuff on it.

If no SD card, you might be out of luck if they don't have drivers.
    Last edited by odiebugs; 07-20-2012, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I bought a new samsung phone and had installed there cell phone program, Kies. Installation failed because of this error. I tried the drivers on AsRock and my device manager had a yellow! I got frustrated and installed a new Windows7 64. I just intalled AsRock drivers and did windows update and still have the same yellow! in device manager. It says " to be filled by O.E.M." Is this a Intel or AsRock Question... This is my first build myself. Did I not plug something in? Thanks again

3570k, AsRock Extreme6, no video card.

Comment

Do you have JAVA installed, if not, install JAVA.

This is not a intel or asrock problem, the phone software uses a USB connection, there are no special ports or drivers, just uses USB, but the software / drivers make a modem communication off the USB so you see a com or modem in devise MGR.

You can right click on the hardware in devise and try update driver software, either browse to the install disk or the internet.

Is the Kies version 2.3.2.12064, if not get this, its the newest.

So I installed this on windows 8 64bit, you can see it installing USB drivers modem, then registering modules, kies closes and windows starts installing devise drivers, then kies opens and states - Kies has been installed.

In devise MGR there should be- Modem- Samsung Mobile Modem, if this has the yellow icon, rt click and try - update software.

Comment

IMO, you did not install the Intel Management Engine (ME) software, which is why you are seeing that error.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
            IMO, you did not install the Intel Management Engine (ME) software, which is why you are seeing that error.
            Nice save. I didn't pay attention to pci, I just figured the driver didn't load correctly and the OS saw the com and modem, from the phone being plugged in, but this error might have been there all the time.
            Now that I notice HD 4000, the CPU must have vpro and need the IME Driver.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
              you sir are correct! You are a mad genius!!!

Comment

Thanks guys, and I am honored to be called a mad genius, more my style than wizard...

MEI didn't exist before Sandy Bridge CPUs and 6-series chipsets, when the CPU started providing some of the PCIe lanes, and integrated video, as odiebugs said. The need for MEI was never made clear IMO, and was blamed for various issues that may have had nothing to do with it. Some users did not install it for those "reasons". As we've seen, you can live without it until certain situations occur. I install it since who knows what else it does that is not clearly documented.

Comment

Working...
                X