Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 wont give audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 wont give audio

I've never had this problem happen to be before so i'm not sure where to start.. Came from Asus to ASRock since I heard they were basically the same, and liking the new board :) just the audio problem seems common with the Z68. Any help on this? Driving me crazy

Re: Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 wont give audio

I feel there's not enough information posted here since it's just racking up the views, but no posts... I turn on the computer with the speakers plugged in, no sound. I check my playback devices, and it's detecting my speakers. I can unplug my speakers, and it'll show the speakers are unplugged like normal. I plug it in the front panel, and it detects that too. I just get no sound, at all..
    Tried the latest realtek drivers for the board, and tried the drivers that came with the disk, and both of them don't work. Hope this cleared this up a little more..

Comment

Re: Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 wont give audio

Have you gone to the tray speaker icon and right click to see if the audio playback device your speakers are connected too is what the default audio device is? I know you said you checked them, but was the realtek device the item with the green check mark?
      Rod

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ASUS Sabertooth Z77
      i7-2600k i7-2600k
      G-Skill 16GB Ripjaw X DDR3 1866 G-Skill 16GB Sniper DDR3 1866
      Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 3.0 Cooler Master 692 II Advanced USB 2.0
      EVGA GTX670FTW Sig2 EVGA 2XGTX560Ti FPB SLI
      Corsair HX850 Silver Plus Cooler Master Silent Pro 850
      Crucial M4 128GB SSD Samsung 830 128GB SSD

Comment

Working...
      X