Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asrock z77 extreme9 memory compatibility

Hello everybody,

I wanted to buy the asrock z77 extreme9 motherboard and my question is about memory compatibility.
    I saw in newegg that they have combo deals for this board with memory.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Do you think I can rely on these deals that the memory is compatible with the motherboard?
    I tried to compare the memory model code with the ones that are supported according to the asrock site - ASRock > Products > Z77 Extreme9

The ONLY match I got was for corsair dominator CMT32GX3M4X1866C9 (which is really expensive)

I also looked in gskill site for supported memories (G.SKILL-SEARCH BY MANUFACTURER MODEL NAME

Re: asrock z77 extreme9 memory compatibility

If the G.Skill site shows its compatible with your motherboard you should be fine.

If the ASRock site says that a memory model is compatible, it is.

If it's not on one list or the other, then you are taking a risk.

I know on the x79 platform (with 8 memory slots) some kits only work at the advertised speed if you use 4 sticks, and have to be lowered for stability if you use 8 sticks. I'm not sure how that would play out on your platform.

Personally I think you should just go with the best one that is listed for your motherboard on either site. I wouldn't buy an unlisted one and risk having compatibility issues, unless you have a backup pair of memory sticks to use in case you need to return the new ones.
    Last edited by SwordOfWar; 07-14-2012, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your answer!
      I feel more comfortable now to go ahead and buy one of the kits that is supported according to the G. Skill site.

Comment

Hi all,

Just a small update, eventually I went with G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL.
        I enabled XMP profile in the bios and it runs 1600 with no special issues so far.
        Thank you all for helping!
        :)

Comment

Working...
        X