Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IOMMU/AMD-Vi support on boards with AMD 9-series chipsets

Hi,

According to this page, all AMD 9-series chipsets support IOMMU/AMD-Vi but "the bios must have a ACPI IVRS table to enable the use of it!". So, which of the following boards with an AMD 9-series chipset have this "ACPI IVRS" table and support IOMMU/AMD-Vi?

AMD 990FX chipset:
    • Fatal1ty 990FX Professional
    • 990FX Extreme4
    • 990FX Extreme3

AMD 970 chipset:
    • 970 Extreme4
    • 970 Extreme3
    • 970 Pro3

I'll take any confirmation of working IOMMU/AMD-Vi support, unofficial as well as official, so please contribute your experiences. Thanks!

Re: IOMMU/AMD-Vi support on boards with AMD 9-series chipsets

I have the 990 FX Extreme4 and have been having trouble enabling "Lazy IO/TLB flushing" on my 1100T. It may not be present on the BIOS. I was very much hoping to do PCIe passthrough to a VM for native Windows 7 Gaming on my linux host but this may prevent me from doing so. I will try a BIOS update this week and see if that makes any difference.

Comment

Re: IOMMU/AMD-Vi support on boards with AMD 9-series chipsets

Originally posted by atarisan View Post
      I have the 990 FX Extreme4 and have been having trouble enabling "Lazy IO/TLB flushing" on my 1100T. It may not be present on the BIOS. I was very much hoping to do PCIe passthrough to a VM for native Windows 7 Gaming on my linux host but this may prevent me from doing so. I will try a BIOS update this week and see if that makes any difference.
      I want to do exactly the same thing. I've been eyeing the "990FX Extreme3" board and intend to stick either a Piledriver or a Steamroller CPU on it (whichever performs satisfactorily), but I don't want to buy anything before I know that it'll work. Please keep us updated!

Comment

Working...
      X