Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does ASRock Z77 Extreme9 work with these RAID Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does ASRock Z77 Extreme9 work with these RAID Card?

Hi, this is my first post in this forum. I've been planning my new build and decided to use a 8 Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD as RAID array, now the problem is to choose a RAID controller. I came down to these RAID cards:
    LSI 9265-8i
    LSI 9266-8i
    Adaptec 6805
    Areca 1882i

I plan to get the ASRock Z77 Extreme9 because I am going to use my Ivy Bridge 3770k i already have, but I heard that some of these cards have issues on consumer motherboards.

Have anyone tried these configuration? Some advice will be great. Thanks!

Re: Does ASRock Z77 Extreme9 work with these RAID Card?

I can not give you an specific answer on those cards, I use a 8x PCIE HighPoint RocketRAID 2720SGL SAS card works great. I run a 8 Drive SAS RAID0 with 2 Parts, 1 Win, 1 Linux. But I can give you some advise on things to check out prior to ordering that may be overlooked (because they were by me, I just lucked out that I did not run into any issue). Obviously you need an open slot for the card, but if you will be booting a system off of that RAID card the RAIDs card BIOS is going to have to come up first, before onboard SATA RAID boot ROMS or anything else similar to that. I only have one GFX card so most of the possible GFX + RAID card configurations gave me the desired setup, RAID CARD ROM, then motherboard...... If you also plan on using any of the onboard SATA ports set up in BIOS as RAID, this may also give you issues trying to boot system from RAID CARD. My current setup now if I turn the onboard SATA Ports over to RAID, it prevents me from booting from my RAID Card. What I am getting at is you may have to do alot of playing around figuring things out before you get everything setup the way you want. Don't get discouraged if initial setup don't work, start with everything disable execpt your system boot devices, and then go one by one turning the other storage controllers on, to AHCI, RAID, ect... If your not running 3GFX cards you should be fine because you have many possible slot configurations.

I am running my ATI Radeon HD6850 at 16x on PCIE 1
    and the RocketRAID 2720SGL at 8x onb PCIE 5

Comment

Working...
    X