Extreme 4 Gen 3: "d6" error code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme 4 Gen 3: "d6" error code

After updating m/b BIOS to 2.10 version my computer won't start. Radeon 6970 works in another PC, Radeon 6970 worked with 1.xx BIOS version, my computer works with integrated video, works with old GeForce 8800GTS. But when I install Radeon 6970 to computer there is no video signal on the monitor, m/b beeps 5 times and displays "d6" error code.

Is it possible to find and flash old BIOS (1.xx)? Is the any beta versions exist (2.10+)? I found that Ext3Gen3 already has 2.20 BIOS version with "1. Improve discrete VGA card vBIOS compatibility." - when 2.20 will be released for Extreme4?
    Last edited by Alex M. Jake; 06-26-2012, 03:45 PM.

Re: Extreme 4 Gen 3: "d6" error code

If you are running a Sandy Bridge CPU and updated your BIOS to the newer BIOS for Ivy Bridge then you cannot flash a downgrade and your only option would be to replace the CMOS chip. You could try a FULL CMOS reset by following the steps in your manual to remove the CMOS battery and move the jumper switch but if that does not work then it sounds like your only option will be to replace the CMOS chip...
    Good Luck
    SaphireX

Comment

FULL CMOS reset doesn't help, still "d6" error.

Comment

Then unfortuately like so many other Sandy Bridge CPU users who flashed to the new Ivy Bridge BIOS and borked their system (many threads here on the forum about this) In order to go back to a working system since you are staying with a Sandy Bridge CPU you will have to order a replacement BIOS chip programmed to the last version of the BIOS 1.XXX version when your system worked just fine.
        Good Luck
        SaphireX

Comment

Tech support provided me 2.13 BIOS. It doesn't help: no "d6" error code, but still there is no video signal to the monitor.
          Radeon 6950/6970 owners - what video card brand you use? Please tell me the name, I'll try to flash such BIOS to my card.

Comment

Working...
          X