Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 extrem3 gen3 55 dr debug fail code

Hello guys.
    Ive build a new pc with the motherboard asrock z68 extrem3 gen3 with Intel i5 3570K and corsair vengeance 2x4 gb 1866 mhz.i constantly get the 55 dr debug fail code. I have tried everything but i can figure it out what to do to solved the problem. Hope someone Can help me :-)

I hope the text is understandable.

Re: Z68 extrem3 gen3 55 dr debug fail code

Try booting with just 1 of your 4GB Corsair Vengeance in dimm slot #1 to ascertain if it will boot without giving you the 55 code (memory not installed). If it still fails try the other stick. If it will not boot with either stick in slot #1 either the memory is NG or the boards memory dimm slots are NG. If it does boot with just 1 stick in slot 1 then you might have to manually set timings and voltages to use both sticks since you don't mention if the memory has an XMP profile. I would search thru the Corsair forums for prospective timing/voltages that worked for others that have the same board and try them...
    Please keep us in the loop
    SaphireX

Comment

Your system must have BIOS 2.10 or better for Ivy Bridge processors. There should be a white label near your LED readout. It should read P2.10 or something similar.

Post what is printed on the sticker please
      -=Mark=-
      ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by MarkJohnson View Post
        Your system must have BIOS 2.10 or better for Ivy Bridge processors. There should be a white label near your LED readout. It should read P2.10 or something similar.

Post what is printed on the sticker please
        -=Mark=-
        On the white little label is standing P1.30-15a

Comment

You'll need to contact ASRock and have them send you a new cmos with it flashed with the latest bios.

If you don't want to wait that long, you can try your local computer repair shop and hope they have a spare cpu to flash it for you. or you can pick up a low priced sandy bridge processor for $40-$50 and flash it yourself.

-=Mark=-
          ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by MarkJohnson View Post
            You'll need to contact ASRock and have them send you a new cmos with it flashed with the latest bios.

If you don't want to wait that long, you can try your local computer repair shop and hope they have a spare cpu to flash it for you. or you can pick up a low priced sandy bridge processor for $40-$50 and flash it yourself.

-=Mark=-
            Tanks for the great answers, i will properly contact ASRock. ;-)

Comment

Working...
            X