ASRock X79 Extreme 7 freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock X79 Extreme 7 freeze

I'm having problems with my ASRock X79 Extreme 7 randomly freezing up. It happens once in a while, and usually is preceeded by the mouse acting "jerky" for a second. I thought it might be the USB drivers, but I'm unable to cause a system dump when this happens via the right-control scroll lock twice key sequence (after setting up the options) when it happens.

Any ideas on how I would go about diagnosing this?

I have 16GB memory in the board. Here are some stats if it helps..

Click image for larger version

Name:	All.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	756040

Re: ASRock X79 Extreme 7 freeze

Total freeze could be:
    1. Virus. I assume you have checked.
    1a. I once found this situation of full deadlocks caused by an antivirus and the remnants of a previously "uninstalled" antivirus. Running the old antivirus vendor's cleaning tool solved the issue.
    2. Memory, have your run Memtest to check all your memory?
    3. Power supply instabilities affecting processor and/or memory

I think if it were a driver issue you would have a BSOD on Windows or a panic with full dump on other OS.

Comment

Mine freezes if anything gets plugged into the USB 3.0 port. Are you using USB 3.0?

Comment

Originally posted by Izord View Post
        Mine freezes if anything gets plugged into the USB 3.0 port. Are you using USB 3.0?
        I wondered about that. I have some Logitech headphones plugged into one of the front USB slots. I wonder if that's it...

Comment

I got mine working with new drivers and firmware and some tweaking. Look at my other thread.

Comment

Working...
          X