ASRock Extreme 7 - Freezes at Post with Error 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Extreme 7 - Freezes at Post with Error 99

I just installed new system with: Intel i7 3930K, ASRock X79 Extreme 7, Gigabyte GTX670, 16GB Corsair 1600 CL9 Ram, Noctua CPU Cooler. When I start up it gets to POST screen and doesn't go anywhere. Debug code 99 is shown. It hasn't recognized USB keyboard either so not sure if it would let me into BIOS setup or it has hung completely. I tried various bits of advice from net whether it sounded relevant or not... took out everything but graphics and one stick of ram, unplugged all case fans and sound / usb cables for case. Tried different ram sticks in different slots. Tried different HD's (one already installed with Windows 7 as boot drive from another PC, another completely blank). Moved graphics into different slots and even removed boards battery for 30 mins with no power plugged in. I'm hoping it's something obvious but I'm stumped. Any help would be much appreciated! (NB I notice on the post screen the background graphic says Extreme4 though no idea if that is relevant or not.)

Re: ASRock Extreme 7 - Freezes at Post with Error 99

Hello Pete,

Did you managed to solve this one? I'm having the same issue with the same board, I have had no luck with this one too. I may bring it back to the store and get them to look at it, as its most likely going to be the motherboard.

Brian

Comment

Re: ASRock Extreme 7 - Freezes at Post with Error 99

Originally posted by Bsusa View Post
      Hello Pete,

Did you managed to solve this one? I'm having the same issue with the same board, I have had no luck with this one too. I may bring it back to the store and get them to look at it, as its most likely going to be the motherboard.

Brian
      Unplug everything except for video card, and one main drive, try reseating video card, try a different drive and see if she goes past debug codes, to no operating system found.

If the problem persists, I would check the BIOS for version, I would either update to the newest WHQL, 1.40, or try a Beta L1.43 or L1.71, you can also try reflashing 1.40, if this is what came with the board.

Only one or two sticks memory, remove front panel switches, USB, drives, audio, the board has a on/off button so you don't need anything connected, but video and drive.
      Last edited by odiebugs; 12-24-2012, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X