X79 Extreme6/GB USB Issue and G500 Mouse Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X79 Extreme6/GB USB Issue and G500 Mouse Issue

I've been having non-stop issues after getting this X79 Extreme6/G mobo. This is my second one after RMA'ing the first. I have Bios version 1.20.

I'm having major issues with the USB 3.0 and my mouse...let me explain:

Before I did a windows 7 install, I was able to use my Logitech G500 mouse just fine. After I installed Windows my ldoes not even light up anymore..let alone work.

My USB 3.0 slots have power (my cyborg lights light up) but it does not have any data working. Anything I plug into it, doesn't work such as my keyboards, mouse, and portable hard-drives.

My USB 2.0 slots work fine...with the exception that my G500 DOES NOT WORK at all anymore. It works in other computers...but not this computer. So I plugged in my old logitech mx518 mouse and it works just fine. So why the heck doesn't the G500 with this mobo?

Again the USB 3.0's do no work, so I'm stuck with only a couple 2.0s ehh.

I used the disc and installed all the software, and that didn't help. I also went to the BIOS and disabled USB legacy and that didn't help so I re-enabled it. I tried sending a technical support ticket in, but they still haven't gotten back to me........they really need a phone service, I don't like waiting day's for a simple answer back..

Any idea how I can get my G500 going and my USB 3.0's?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

ASROCK X79 Extreme6/GB BIOS 1.20
    Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB)
    Nvidia EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    OCZ Solid 3 120GB SATA III
    Western Digital 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5
    LG 22X Super Multi DVD Writer
    Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T
    ARCTIC COOLING ACFZI30 120mm
    Logitech G19
    Logitech G500
    KINGWIN Lazer LZ-1000
    SAMSUNG S27A550H Rose Black 27"
    Windows 7 x64
    Last edited by xXxDOYLE; 06-06-2012, 12:56 PM.
Working...
X