Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 - Randomly Shutting Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 - Randomly Shutting Down

I am running an Intel Core i7-2700K Processor with factory heat sink, 16 GB RAM, Corsair HX850 power supply, Crucial M4 Solid State Drive 256 GB, Windows 7 Ultimate computer I built with the Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 motherboard. I am having an issue with the computer where it will randomly shut down while using it without warning. At first I thought it was a graphics card I had installed. EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti with 1 GB onboard memory, so I removed that and the problem wasn't happening as quickly. I installed a piece of software that will monitor the temperature of the processor to see if that was over heating. (Side Note: I did not over clock the processor. The processor is setup like it would be as if you just took it out of the box.) I didn't see anything strange or notice high temperatures based on my current knowledge of computers. The highest temperature the program recorded my processor running at was 47 degrees Celsius. But most of the time the temps sit around the high 20s.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue? If so what did you do to resolve it and what was the cause? I am not sure if the motherboard is bad or the processor is running to hot. Any kind of help and direction would be very helpful. Thanks!

- Pryme
Working...
X