Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A75M + Raid0 Problems - Could use some tech support help

Hello,

So this is the deal. I was upgrading an older pc with a new A75M mobo, AMD A6-3500, and new ram G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800). I am using a couple of old WD 250 gb SATA disks for the OS. I have thoroughly tested both drives with WD's Data Lifeguard software. Both report back via SMART as being good. The extended tests have both stated the same also. I have also replaced SATA cables and ran memtest on the ram. No issues have been reported. OS if vista 64bit home premium SP2. I have installed the os, drivers and updates on a different 640gb sata drive with no problems. I believe I am on the 1.20 bios. I have not updated that.

So this is the deal. If I create a raid 0 array I get blue screens. I also get the bios to report that the array is offline. If I let the pc sit cold I can get it to reboot fine and then it works for a while until I do something that is hard drive intensive, such as running a backup then I get blue screen. I dont have the blue screen numbers but i looked them up and it seems to state it is a hardware issue. As an ACHI sigle drive - no issues. As a raid array I have issues. Does it seem like I need to send the mobo back and do an RMA with newegg.

Thank you,

Chip

Re: A75M + Raid0 Problems - Could use some tech support help

I'd probably update the BIOS first in case there is better raid support.

What all settings did you set for you RAID 0?

Try enabling RAID, but don't configure a RAID. Just leave them as 2 non-raid disks.

Have you tried to raid these on a different MB for a test? Old drives can be finicky.

where exactly do you get the BSOD?

Which motherboard do you have? Maybe list all major components with make and model numbers.

-=Mark=-
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by MarkJohnson View Post
      I'd probably update the BIOS first in case there is better raid support.

What all settings did you set for you RAID 0?

Try enabling RAID, but don't configure a RAID. Just leave them as 2 non-raid disks.

Have you tried to raid these on a different MB for a test? Old drives can be finicky.

where exactly do you get the BSOD?

Which motherboard do you have? Maybe list all major components with make and model numbers.

-=Mark=-
      I have the asrock A75M mobo. I enables raid in the bios and then rebooted and clicked ctrl+f to get into the raid setup. I setup two WD 250gb drives as a raid0 config and left the other options default. I am using two wb drives, both 250gb they are w2500AAJS-55m0a0 and WD2500ks-00mjb0. Both were in my m2n-sli deluxe mobo as a raid and worked perfectly. The mobo went bad on that build. BSOD was in randomly, but mostly when I there is high harddisk use, like installing updates or making a backup. That is why I am thinking it is the mobo. The disks both test out perfectly unless the WD test software is useless. I believe that I have listed the other major components that would have bearing. I have a gtx260 c 216 installed. I have been running OCCT 4.2.0 (stress test) for about 8 hours and no issues. I will try updating the bios just to be sure. I will then put an image on the raid drives again and see what happens. Let me know if oyu have any ither ideas.

Thanks.

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by chiptouz View Post
        I have the asrock A75M mobo. I enables raid in the bios and then rebooted and clicked ctrl+f to get into the raid setup. I setup two WD 250gb drives as a raid0 config and left the other options default. I am using two wb drives, both 250gb they are w2500AAJS-55m0a0 and WD2500ks-00mjb0. Both were in my m2n-sli deluxe mobo as a raid and worked perfectly. The mobo went bad on that build.[/q]

What happened exactly? similar what is going on now?

[q]BSOD was in randomly, but mostly when I there is high harddisk use, like installing updates or making a backup. That is why I am thinking it is the mobo. The disks both test out perfectly unless the WD test software is useless. I believe that I have listed the other major components that would have bearing. I have a gtx260 c 216 installed. I have been running OCCT 4.2.0 (stress test) for about 8 hours and no issues. I will try updating the bios just to be sure. I will then put an image on the raid drives again and see what happens. Let me know if oyu have any ither ideas.

Thanks.

Chip
        So, you have already cloned the 640GB drive onto the raid without success? Did you install the latest RAID drivers from AMD's website?

not sure what other hard drive stress test are available. wait a second...

ah ha, try passmark diskcheck.
        PassMark DiskCheckup - SMART hard drive monitoring utility

Maybe it will give extra info and tell you what all those numbers mean.

Luck
        -=Mark=-
        ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Comment

Working...
        X