Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P67 Extreme4 Gen3 with Ivy Brige CPU, 55 Dr. Debug code

Re: P67 Extreme4 Gen3 with Ivy Brige CPU, 55 Dr. Debug code

I got the 55 error code when setting the xmp profile for my 2133MHz memory. It seems my memory is set to 1.25v. Try clearing cmos and removing the motherboard battery. You should unplug you power supply power as well, and short out the contacts under the battery.

Give it 5 minutes or so and try again. Go to BIOS immediately and load system defaults, then set dram volts to 1.55.

Luck
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by MarkJohnson View Post
      I got the 55 error code...
      Thanks for the advise Mark. I followed all the steps, unfortunately it didn't solve the issue.

Comment

Sounds like you need a BIOS update. Contact ASRock to see if they'll send you an updated CMOS chip with the latest BIOS on it to replace the one you have.

The only other way would be to buy/borrow another older 1155 CPU and flash with it. A cheap 1155 is $40-$50 if you don't want to wait on ASRock.

-=Mark=-
        ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Comment

jonatan, first, has this PC ever started at all? Has it ever completed POST, and you could start the UEFI/BIOS? In other words, has it ever completed a POST with your memory in it?

If not, your memory may not be compatible with the board. These new boards/CPUs are very picky about the memory they use. If the memory is not in the QVL list for your board, meaning the exact model number, it will most likely not work. Even if the memory manufacture said it works with Sandy Bridge PCs, that is not enough, the memory must be listed in the boards list of supported memory. You must check that.

You never got to a point where you could update the BIOS yet, correct, so the BIOS is not your issue.

Why update the BIOS on a very new PC? Get it working first, and running fine, and then update the BIOS.

Also, this:

Sounds like you need a BIOS update. Contact ASRock to see if they'll send you an updated CMOS chip with the latest BIOS on it to replace the one you have.

The only other way would be to buy/borrow another older 1155 CPU and flash with it. A cheap 1155 is $40-$50 if you don't want to wait on ASRock.

How is another 1155 CPU related to a mother boards BIOS update, or changing the CMOS chip? That makes no sense.

Comment

His problem is putting an Ivy Bridge CPU in a sandy bridge MB. It will not work without a BIOS update. hence, that is why he is trying to get the P2.10 BIOS installed. P2.10 is the first BIOS to support Ivy Bridge. I believe there is a newer P2.20 out now. at least for my Z68 extreme3 gen3.

I assume he's already resolved the issue as this thread is over a month old with no replies. I got an update to a new post earlier, but it was just a "likes this" post update.

-=Mark=-
            ps, it the many years of building computers I've never had anything but bad memory keeping me from posting. Memory has standards for this reason. It is a rare case, usually high speed overclocked/over volted memory that fail. The only compatibility issues I've run across is stability. and fine tuning memory will usually fix that if your mb supports it.
            Last edited by MarkJohnson; 06-23-2012, 04:51 AM.

Comment

I have the same problem actually. I had a P67 Extreme4 and a i5 2500K and I change for a P67 Extreme4 Gen3 and the i5 3570K, reusing my Geil Ares 2x4GB 2133MHz which was running just fine with my "old" configuration (and at 2133MHZ). With the brand new one, the Bios even did not start and I just got the Dr Debug Code 55. Same result with 1 or 2x4GB DDR3-1600 Corsair vengeance or 1x2GB DDR3-1333 OCZ. Without really believing, I changed back the CPU only and it was enough to recognize the DDR3-2133 and let me reach this forum. Right now the Asrock website is down! I am waiting to download the new Bios version and be able to use my new Ivy Bridge i5 3570K.

Conclusion (@parsec): The post of Mark makes sens about the older 1155 -AND- about the bios update ! let's see if it works afterwords...

Comment

Did not review the whole thread, my question is, if you look at the Bios version does it says 2.10? your problem kind a relate to mine, first time I flash my asrock, I thought it went thru then after I installed the i73770 i got error 55, put my i5 again it works, then I manage to check the bios version, still says 1.10 or something, that's when it hit me that the flashing did not even started. started the whole process of re-flashing it about less than 2minutes to complete the process, bingo!

Comment

I just configured a system and have the same problem now. Dr Debug error 55.

Originally with I7 2600K Sandy-Bridge, I was unable to access the ASRock P67 Extreme4 GEN3 UEFI BIOS Support module,

on my new system with a SAPHIRE Radeon HD 7750 1 GB 128bit video card in the PCI-E 3.0 slot.

Contrary to one of the posts here, this ASRock MB will support PCI-E 3.O, with the Ivy-Bridge I7 chip installed.

But when I moved put another Video card in the PCI slot (non PCI-E 3.0) my UEFI BIOS came up and I was able to configure the system and Install Windows 7 Professional.

A bit of research indicated that in order to use the more expensive SAPHIRE Radeon video card, I needed to swap out the Sandy-Bridge I7 CPU for the IVY-Bridge I7 model. We want to use this card so I took the SB I7 back to the store and replaced it with the IB I7 3770K.

Now I am experiencing the same problem that Jonatan is having, the immediate Dr Debut code 55 and the three "Beeps", cycling over and over. I reset/clear CMOS. removed the battery. Re-seated the DDR3 memory cards.

This is new system that I was able to install Windows 7 Professional on, but swapped the SB I7-K CPU for the IB I7-K cpu.

No Joy, If I need new BIOS, how do I load it into a system that won't boot ?
                  I have about 10 days to cleanup this configuration and return all undesirable components.
                  I am hoping for a break through so we can use the PCI-E 3.O Video card.

Mumfy

Comment

Working...
                  X