Z68 Extreme7 Gen 3 - will not wake from sleep, randomly turns on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Extreme7 Gen 3 - will not wake from sleep, randomly turns on

Basically the system wont turn on after i put it to sleep with either a usb mouse or keyboard. (both running off of intel USB port, via a USB hub)

Also, the system will turn on randomly from sleep, WOL is off

Any one have an idea how to correct this

Mouse: razer Mamba
    Keyboard: MS Arc Keyboard

i5-2500k (auto 4.4GHz), ASRock Extreme7 Gen3 L2.04, 4 x 4 GB G.Skill, Dell U3011, Viewsonic 191BW (Intel HD3000)
    PCIE-1= ASUS GTX 580 Direct CUII
    PCIE-4= Auzentech X-Fi Forte
    PCIE-5= OCZ REVODRIVE 3 x2 240GB
    PCIE-6= Evga 460 (Phys-X)

Re: Z68 Extreme7 Gen 3 - will not wake from sleep, randomly turns on

Hi there,

Think you may need to give us some more info on this before we can perhaps definitively help you. For example what op sys - is it a fresh install, when did this first start happening etc
    Just a stab for starters though - you mention you are connecting mouse and keyboard via a usb hub - this may well have somethin to do with random starts, and may even be the cause
    of not waking from sleep - try connecting both to usb ports on the board directly, and see if the problem goes away.Are you running latest graphics drivers, and motherboard drivers etc.

Get back to us after you have tried above, and with more info - hope this helps.

Mark

Comment

Re: Z68 Extreme7 Gen 3 - will not wake from sleep, randomly turns on

I will admit i do need to give my OS a refresh, but i'm waiting for a bios update as i'm having some other trouble not related to this.

I don't remember exactly when the not waking started, i don't think it ever worked. but the random wake from sleep started after i moved.

I always try to have to latest drivers, i'm usually up to day 99% of the time.

I suspected it might be usb related so i actually went out and bought a usb hub, both were connected through the hub in my monitor before.

Comment

Working...
      X