Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock extreme4-m 3930k overclock constantly throttling

Hello,
    just a quick question. I am assuming I am having a VRM throttling issue... but regardless I want to ask and see what is going on.

I am trying to do a basic overclock, originally wanted to do 4.8 on my 3930k (which majority can do) and then figure out my limits, and probably sit at 4.6 for daily use. I am fully water cooled with 2x360 rads with 2 GPUs under water and a Rasa block for the CPU. anywho, I cannot for the life of me get the CPU to stop throttling. I turned off cpu thermal protect, I also turned off vrm thermal protect. I cant even get it to stop throttling at 1.35v... thats just ridiculous. I will turn on prime95 and real temp, to start stability testing, and immediately I see in real temp the cpu going from 46 to 32 back and forth every few seconds. I used to run my old asus maximus iv with a 2600k with 1.465v daily without any problems. I even bought a antec spot cool fan specifically because I heard the VRM cooler on this board is a bit lacking... but isnt this a bit too extreme?

Anyways will be great to hear back from an asrock rep on if they have any ideas about the problems I am having.

oh and just to add as well... I am not sure what is going on. I used to run my crucial m4 as well on my old mobo, and it would take a maximum of 6-7 seconds once the windows logo popped up to get into windows. I did a fresh install of the OS when I got this mobo and cpu, and it is set at ACHI in bios, along with running the newest intel rapid storage thingy. it now takes a full 12-14 seconds to load into windows. I mean... I understand its not that big of a deal... BUT I know that this SSD was loading before at 6-7 seconds, my agility 3 on my other media comp is loading windows in 6-7 seconds (on sata 2 no less...) why isnt this x79 board which is supposed to be one of the top of line mATX boards for 2011 running it at 6-7 seconds. (and this SSD is only around 1 month old... and is 100% health)

Re: Asrock extreme4-m 3930k overclock constantly throttling

no asrock techs today?

Comment

Working...
    X