890GX Extreme 3 and FX-8150 not working happily together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 890GX Extreme 3 and FX-8150 not working happily together

I flashed my 890GX Extreme3 to the 3.10 bios, cleared CMOS and put my new 8150 in and away I went. I did not get very far at all. Windows 7 would not install unless I disabled Turbo Core, and reduced clocks to 3ghz. Once I got into windows, it was unstable until I disabled all but 2 cores in the bios. Turbo core and default speeds work fine with only 2 cores activated.

I am not sure if this is an issue with the 890GX so I bought a 990FX Extreme 3 and will try the 8150 in there. Has anybody else successfully gotten a Bulldozer cpu to work on this board with all of its features (and cores) enabled?

Obviously if it exhibits the same issues with the 990FX the chip would be bad, and that would be the first for me ever to have a bad chip that wouldnt even work at default speeds.

Re: 890GX Extreme 3 and FX-8150 not working happily together

Update:
    I am currently typing this with all 8 cores and turbocore enabled.. using Windows XP 64..

I guess the issue must be caused by some Power management issues within the 3.xx bios. Sounds like we need an update bios...

That being said, if you need a beta tester.. ASRock send it to me.

Comment

Working...
    X