• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Extreme3 970 - CPU//Bios help.

Hi,

My system is as follows:

- CIT Vatage Gamers Case.
    - Geil Enhance Corsa 1333Mhz Dual Channel Kit 2 x 2 gig x 4 = 8 Gig worth of ram.
    - Asrock Extreme 3 970 Am3+ Motherboard.
    - Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 Ghz Edition GPU.
    - Seagate Barracuda 500gig HDD
    - AMD Phenom II x4 Black Edition 3.4Ghz CPU.
    - 650W Powercool eXtreme power PSU.
    - Windows 7 Ultimate x64Bit OS.
    - Sony 24x SATA DVD RW.

Just flashed my motherboard to latest 1.40 version for the Asrock Extreme3 970 successfully, this computer is brand new custom built, i am having a problem with my AMD Phenom II x4 Black Edition 3.4Ghz CPU stock fan it is spinning on 100% and sounds very very loud im not familiar with AMD overdrive so i downloaded speed fan 4.46 to control the cpu fan and turn it down, but it is one constant speed either way, i am used to it being automatic increasing when gaming and lowering when idle, is there anyway to fix this issue via the Asrock Extreme3 970 bios so it is all automatic and spins based on CPU temps ive seen this fan going at 5200rpm+ and lets just say the noise levels are over the top.

Had a problem at first where the computer would not boot i took it to a technical team and they removed the stock fan and there was way to much thermal paste they reapplied paste, reseated the fan and sure enough it turned on, got it home and it was like turning on a jet plane.

Help is much appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Kawdam; 04-11-2012, 04:41 PM.

Re: Asrock Extreme3 970 - CPU//Bios help.

ASRock eXtreme Tuner
    Its on the MB CD and or you can get it off of the ASRock site.
    This will let you control your fan speeds no need for addntl programs and unsafe registry additions.

Comment

Working...
    X