Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fatal1ty P67 professional B3, Ram Issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal1ty P67 professional B3, Ram Issue.

Hi, I would really appreciate some pointers as I can't get my head around this.

I have just built this system (finished 2hrs ago), Fatal1ty Professional P67 B3 Mobo (second hand), Core i5 2550k (new) and KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX Ram (the ram is recommended by Asrock) also new, Windows 7 64bit professional

I have two 4gb sticks of Ram, and this is what is happening.

I have flashed the bios to version 2.0 no problem, I have all the bios settings to default, I can put one stick of ram in A1 slot, system boots. Same stick in A2 slot, system boots. Same stick in slots B1 and B2, no boot and no POST.

Other stick of ram in A1 slot, system boots. Same stick in A2 slot, system boots. Same stick in slots B1 and B2, no boot and no POST.

Either stick in A1 slot and the other stick in A2 slot, B1 slot or B2 slot, no boot and no POST.

In all instances of failure to boot, the diagnostic Led's hang at code 19 for a moment, 0.5 sec or so and then hang at fault 38.

With just the one stick of RAM in (either stick, it does't matter which) I can use the computer (downloaded drivers, updates, Etc) no problem. It just will not work with a second stick of Ram.

Any ideas would be welcome, even if its to say contact ASrock and send it back.

Mogas
Working...
X