Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 CPU PLL Overvolage Cold Boot Issue

Hello people,

I've just purchased the Asrock Z68 Extreme7 and noticed when ever I have CPU PLL Overvoltage enabled in the bios, I tend to get 2-3 power cycles before the motherboard posts and enters Windows. I'd like to point out that there are no instability issues once I am in Windows. I can run Prime95 for 6+hrs, 20 passes of Intel Burn Test on maximum settings, 3D Mark, memtest, etc, etc... No Bsod's, or crashes even at 5GHz OC. The only issue I have is when I enable CPU PLL Overvoltage and do a cold boot, which cause 2-3 loops (turns on, no VGA signal, turns off, and repeats). Debug Code usually ends at F1, or F2 which I believe is "Recovery Condition was triggered". Setting the actual PLL voltage has no affect on this problem either. The CPU is a 2700k, ram G. Skill 2x4GB 2133mhz 9, 11, 10. Antec 1200w PSU. CPU voltage maxed out at 1.4 volts, ram 1.65 volts, vtt 1.095 volts, off set mode, LLC 3. Nothing too extreme.

Are there any others experiencing this? Is there a bios update that could fix it? Mobo, or CPU to blame? Share your thoughts or suggestions plz.

I should mention that C3 and C6 states are disabled as well, hibernate and sleep modes.
    Last edited by Atlantida; 03-02-2012, 02:53 AM.

Re: Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 CPU PLL Overvolage Cold Boot Issue

Try playing with the CPU Load Line Calibration settings as well as VTT voltage settings...
    Good Luck
    SaphireX

Comment

Re: Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 CPU PLL Overvolage Cold Boot Issue

VTT and LLC has had no effect on it. I'm thinking something's off with the PLL overvoltage, as I seem to have no issues with it disabled regarding cold boots. But it limits my OC to 4.6ghz with it turned off.

Comment

Working...
      X