Fan speed issue on A75M-HVS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan speed issue on A75M-HVS.

None of the fan settings in the bios will affect the speed of my fans. They are 3 wire fans. Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Fan speed issue on A75M-HVS.

Guessing it's because I have 3pin fans and must have 4 pin. Going to just buy controller. Yep from what I read i needed 4 pin fans, the 3rd wire only tells the bios the rpms.
    Last edited by syllinx; 03-02-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Same issue here. Bought an zalman fan with 3 pins, pluged it in and it runs at full speed, can't control it from anywhere. Is there and workaround to get it to use the smart fan control or something. BIOS is also updated to the last version. Is there a way or should i sit tight with the stock 4 pin fan?

Comment

Three pin fans cannot be used with four pin PWM fan headers if you want speed control. As you found, three pin fans run at full speed on four pin PWM fan headers.

The one three pin fan header on your board, the Power Fan header, has no speed control, it runs a fan at full speed all the time.

There is no workaround, BIOS setting, or software that will change how the fan headers work. Three pin fans will need to be connected to a separate fan controller. Most modern CPU coolers use four pin PWM fans now, and the stock Intel cooler has a PWM fan, so the CPU Fan header is always four pin PWM.

Comment

Working...
        X