Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Loop with ASRock Z68 Professional Gen3

Hi all,

I just upgraded my PC to the Fatal1ty Z68 board with an i7 2700K and have installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a RAID0 array consisting of 2 WD 300GB Velociraptors using a Crucial 64GB SSD for RST cache. The install went fine and the system runs great once it loads, but I am having an issue with a consistent "boot loop" on system restart. Every time I reboot, I get the Fatal1ty splash, the Intel RAID initializer, then it always goes back to the UEFI setup screen. If I hit Esc + Enter from setup (exit and discard changes), the system proceeds to boot to Windows just fine - but I would prefer that it would do so automatically.

I have tried everything I can think of in the boot configuration section. I have disabled every device found in all of the boot sequences except for the Raid array and have unplugged all of my USB peripherals, but still no love. The WD drives are both plugged into Intel SATA II ports and the SSD is plugged into one of the Intel SATA 3 ports. The bios "sees" the array just fine, it just won't boot to it without my intervention. I am at a loss.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Boot Loop with ASRock Z68 Professional Gen3

[Update]

I seem to have corrected the boot loop problem, but it took some rather drastic measures. I unplugged everything but the 2 HDD drives and a DVD drive, flashed the UEFI, and started over from scratch. Installed Windows 7 x64 SP1, all of the drivers, and am now performing about a bajillion Windows updates. So far, so good - but the real test will be when I plug that SSD back in and try to use it for RST cache.

Fingers crossed...

Comment

Re: Boot Loop with ASRock Z68 Professional Gen3

I got to that problem before...I believe the BIOs setting has the boot menu on a hard drive that doesn't have a Operating System. I believe you can just switch it somehow..just mess around with it and you will fix it ^^

Comment

Working...
      X