Fatal1ty P67 Professional support for Ivy bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal1ty P67 Professional support for Ivy bridge

Hello i have sent a massege to asrock site support and still havn't any answer.
    I would like to know if the p67 chipset and 1155 socket will support the next generation ivy bridge processors?
    Specificaly the MB above?

Re: Fatal1ty P67 Professional support for Ivy bridge

It should be able to by what I've read. no one can be certain though.

Comment

Wouldn't it unfit because the smaller architecture of 22nm? Imean besides the it wolud fit the socket...
      Another thing from what u know r those boards are problematic or just the usual amount like any other?

Comment

Originally posted by chipxxx View Post
        Wouldn't it unfit because the smaller architecture of 22nm? Imean besides the it wolud fit the socket...
        Another thing from what u know r those boards are problematic or just the usual amount like any other?

The package remains the same. Ivy Bridge is supported in LGA1155. Bios update is necessary. Unfortunately Asrock didn't told anything regarding Bios updates for the Series 6 chipsets. This is sad.

Comment

The following page has pictures of the Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPUs and explains the differences
          Intel Mobile Ivy Bridge CPU Pictured, Compared with Sandy Bridge | Latest news

As for problems I'm unaware of any but I don't own the board so I haven't looked. It would have to be the B3 revision though or it has the original SATA flaw. Search a few of the popular overclocking forums and you should be able to tell.

Also it won't support PCI Express 3.0 . You would need a z68 gen3 board for that.
          Last edited by grind187; 02-20-2012, 12:13 PM.

Comment

original SATA flaw? what is it?
            PCI Express 3.0- if don't make any mistake the slot isn't useful so much now because it's more relevant to ssd, which still not worthy like hdd.

Comment

B2 revision of series 6 Boards had a Sata 3G bug, a transistor was flawed which could break Sata 3G functionality.

Comment

Working...
              X