Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP - ASROCK Z68 Fatal1ty gen 3_pcie 4-5 don't detect presence of VGA-card (can't use SLI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - ASROCK Z68 Fatal1ty gen 3_pcie 4-5 don't detect presence of VGA-card (can't use SLI)

So PROBLEM IS that both slots PCIE 4 & 5, are locked , I try to made sli 2x over slots pcie 2 & 4 (even with5) and both are frozen,- slot's PCIE 4-5 don't detect the presence of the video card
    In device manger I have only one card...

I tried following:

1.to put only one card in those slots PCIE 4 & 5, no result,
    2.I reinstall over and over again the NVIDIA DRIVERS the last one -285.62- , the motherboard don't detect the cards on slot 4-5
    3 I try with ALL BIOS VERSIONS (1.10-1.30) to reactivate those slots -NO RESULT
    4.I reinstall the OS from the beginning- NO RESULT
    5 I tried with another video-card (gts 450 from Gainward):
    in to the slots pcie 2 mobo detect the the card but if I change it on slots 4 or 5 I have no presence
    6 I moved the video cards on another mobo msi p67 : both work fine in SLI
    WHAT'S TO DO ? RMA ? OR ?

PS
    Wanna mentione that I buy the mobo from USA (AUGUST 2011) because in europe no one have this mobo on store, I pay almost twice for that with the transport to europe that's why Im very disappointed

I asked a friendly Help !!!
    THKS FOR HELP IN ADVANCE

PC SPECS:
    MOBO - Z68 FATALITY GEN3 -(sn 16MOXD224303)
    CPU - INTEL SANDY BRIDGE I7 2600K
    MEM - GSKILL 2133 MHz -16 gb
    PSU - SILWERSTONE STRIDER 1000W / TRIED ALSO WITH eNERMAX MODU 87+ (900w)
    ANTEC 920 WC
    SSD OCZ VERTEX3 -120 GB
    VGA MSI 560 TI OC X 2 (SLI)
    OS WIN7 ULTIMATE -64 BITS
    CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 800D

Re: HELP - ASROCK Z68 Fatal1ty gen 3_pcie 4-5 don't detect presence of VGA-card (can't use SLI)

[QUOTE=emil@all;416540]
    seems that those great technicians are here to banned (RMA) discussions & not to support THE AS(S)ROCK clients ....

Comment

Re: HELP - ASROCK Z68 Fatal1ty gen 3_pcie 4-5 don't detect presence of VGA-card (can't use SLI)

I don't get it by PCIe 4 and 5? Do you mean you have it on the bottom slots of the motherboard? You are suppose to fill the slots starting with the top slots then going down. I have 2 HD 6870 on the 1st and 2nd PCIe slots on this same motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Suupa View Post
        I don't get it by PCIe 4 and 5? Do you mean you have it on the bottom slots of the motherboard? You are suppose to fill the slots starting with the top slots then going down. I have 2 HD 6870 on the 1st and 2nd PCIe slots on this same motherboard.
        z68 fatal1ti had 3 PCIE Slots 1-16x, second is also 16x third is 8x, so in manual of the main board those are numbered pcie 2, pcie4, pcie5, all those slots are red, I have the slot pcie 4 - so the second slot red inactive, those days i have it succes seen that slot pcie 5 work, but SLI WORK ONLY over the slots pcie2 & pcie4 in 16x....those days I cleaned the mobo with alchool isprpylic but no chance ! is stuck, people from asrock support don't answer to mails, perhaps there is any chance to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by emil@all View Post
          z68 fatal1ti had 3 PCIE Slots 1-16x, second is also 16x third is 8x, so in manual of the main board those are numbered pcie 2, pcie4, pcie5, all those slots are red, I have the slot pcie 4 - so the second slot red inactive, those days i have it succes seen that slot pcie 5 work, but SLI WORK ONLY over the slots pcie2 & pcie4 in 16x....those days I cleaned the mobo with alchool isprpylic but no chance ! is stuck, people from asrock support don't answer to mails, perhaps there is any chance to fix it
          I don't understand what you're saying =/
          But have your GPU on the x16 slots(The 1st and 2nd PCIe red slots from the top)
          And I hope you have the SLI connector connected?

EDIT:
          Put both of your GPU(Graphics Card) on PCIe 2 and 4, then connect them with the SLI connector.
          Last edited by Suupa; 02-23-2012, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I don't understand what you're saying =/
            But have your GPU on the x16 slots(The 1st and 2nd PCIe red slots from the top)
            And I hope you have the SLI connector connected?

EDIT:
            Put both of your GPU(Graphics Card) on PCIe 2 and 4, then connect them with the SLI connector.
            That,s I try it already from the beginning, perhaps my english is bad I will attach one image.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by emil@all View Post
              That,s I try it already from the beginning, perhaps my english is bad I will attach one image.
              Oh I see!!! Thank you for making me understand! Hmm you best call Asrock for help. I think there's something wrong with that slot. I will try my PCIe 4 tomorrow to see if I get any problems. I think mines work...not sure though cause I got my 2 HD6870 in crossfire before my 1st HD6870 died.

Comment

Oh I see!!! Thank you for making me understand! Hmm you best call Asrock for help. I think there's something wrong with that slot. I will try my PCIe 4 tomorrow to see if I get any problems. I think mines work...not sure though cause I got my 2 HD6870 in crossfire before my 1st HD6870 died.
                Those PCIE slots MUST work independent if you stick ONLY one VGA-CARD in any slot PC must boot and in windows manager card must be detected. If your HD6870 isn't detect in any slots than is clear that something is wrong with the card, or you can test the vga-card in any other pc or motherboard, I test both vga-cards (540 Ti) with other pc mobo(msi p67-gd65-b3) and both work fine independent or in SLI mode...
                Anyway I contact Asrock for RMA and seems that they will give me RMA for my mobo, otherwise I'm very content of Asrock mobo's because I have 2 mobo.s from asrock and any complaints all work fine if you take care of bios settings for the components.
                thkank for posting

Comment

Working...
                X