Windows activation error 0xC004C008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows activation error 0xC004C008

After installing Windows 7 on my Z68M/USB3 board (with an i7-2700K), I noticed that my Windows activation didn't automatically start. I tried more than once, and I found out that I had error code 0xC004C008. Quite probably because I'm installing the same Win7 I've had since Aug. 2010 on a different machine.

My first machine (with the same Win7 DVD) was a self-built machine with a Foxconn A74ML-K board and an Athlon II X2-250 (to be replaced by a Phenom II X4-945). I dismantled that machine in Sept. 2011, and finished building my current machine in January. Obviously the activation is being blocked because they still have my AMD build in their records. Needless to say, I will probably have to get a new product key code from Microsoft for my Win7.

I have only one question: If I have to perform a system wipe and reinstallation of Win7 in my Z68 machine after having activated my new key for the first time, will the new key still work? Or will I end up in a position where I will have to purchase a new key every time I perform a complete system wipe?
    Last edited by CookyMonzta; 02-15-2012, 03:44 AM.

Re: Windows activation error 0xC004C008

Never mind. I think I solved problem 1. I called their automated activation number and they gave me 8 sets of 6-digit numbers to go with the 9 sets of 6-digit numbers that my Win7 displayed. My Win7 is now fully (re-)registered. It remains to be seen if reactivation works (with the same set of numbers or otherwise), should I end up in a situation (such as system slowdown due to hidden malware) that forces me to perform a complete hard-drive wipe.

Comment

Working...
    X