ATI Radeon HD 5450 doesn't send video signal to Asrock Conroe1333-GLAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Radeon HD 5450 doesn't send video signal to Asrock Conroe1333-GLAN

I bought a new video card, an ATI Radeon HD 5450, and it just doesn't send any signal on my monitor. I have a 550W psu, and i already tried the video card on another 2 computers. The card works flawlessly. Just on my mobo it wouldn't budge. I did a BIOS update from the asrock.com site, but no luck after either. While searching the net for an answer, i saw that others had the same problem on 5xxx ATI series, but on similar motherboards from Asrock. If there is a way to fix this, please let me know. Thanks!

Re: ATI Radeon HD 5450 doesn't send video signal to Asrock Conroe1333-GLAN

Nobody has a clue? Is there any bios from another motherboard that could work on mine as well, and see my video card?

Comment

hey i also have the same problem..if u already solve ur problem please be kind to tell me..

Comment

Hi! The problem is that this motherboard doesn't support PCI Express version 2.1. And this video card uses this new version. Also, no BIOS updates will make it work. All you can do is change the maotherboard with something newer, or buy an older video card. Sorry 'bout this, I was very disapointed too :(

Comment

Originally posted by codrut View Post
          Hi! The problem is that this motherboard doesn't support PCI Express version 2.1. And this video card uses this new version. Also, no BIOS updates will make it work. All you can do is change the maotherboard with something newer, or buy an older video card. Sorry 'bout this, I was very disapointed too :(
          thanks for the reply,,so the problem is the motherboard,,that's too bad,,i don't have enough money to upgrade my spec..
          edit
          i'm sorry,,it seems like there's a mistake here.. my motherboard is not conroe1333 glan but wolfdale1333 glan,,
          i just realize it by now,,but our problem still the same..
          Last edited by ovck; 08-31-2012, 04:54 AM.

Comment

hi codrut
            i already solved my problem by contacting asrock tsd on asrock's website..even it took a long time they gave me a reply and bios update..my gigabyte hd 5450 now works on my wolfdale1333-glan..well then hope ur problem will be solved too..bye..

Comment

Working...
            X