Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU\Motherboard temps

Hello,

I just bought a Asrock 990FX Extream 3 motherboard and a AMD FX6100 CPU.Now i have installed the AXTU App from the intallation disc and it works.Ok but as for the problem I get two differnt Temp readings,1 from the bios and the other from the AXTU Asrock App which are stated below.

AXTU:

CPU:37c

MB: 35c

Ok which those are great numbers while just in general use.Well when i log into the MB Bios the CPU is the same as the AXTU App,but the MB temp is alot higher which is 46c.Now i have 2x120mm fans and 3x80mm fans and a stock CPU heatsink in a Raidmax Smilodon tower.
    As for my question which one do i trust?

Re: CPU\Motherboard temps

My first thought was that energy saving functions are never active in BIOS, so you get higher temperatures. But while you're referring to the mainboard temperature which is increasing in bios and not CPU temp, I don't know if the MB has energy saving functions as well.

So, just a guess.

Ah, something else: You could touch the heatsinks on your mainboard to see if they're warmer when you are in the BIOS. If yes, both temperatures are correct.
    Is there a BIOS Update available which might fix this issue?

Comment

Re: CPU\Motherboard temps

could you try an IR temp gauge on the heat sink?

HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Turnigy Infrared Thermometer (-33 ~ 180Celsius)

Comment

Working...
      X