Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 - Buggy Fan Speeds

Hello all,

I have done a quick search through the forums - the issue has not been raised yet ( strangely )

My Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 is giving me problems with fan speeds. Specifically CPU1 and CHA1 fans are not obeying the speed set either in BIOS or in AXTU, and instead are always operating at maximum speeds. Fans I`m using are proven Zalman ZM-F3 120mm fans ( w/o resistors ). Worth noting that other fan connectors are working fine ( CPU2, CHA3, CHA2 )

Hoping for an answer from ASRock staff.

Thanks,
    Ilya.

Re: Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 - Buggy Fan Speeds

I did more searching and it seems that MB requires 4 pin PWM enabled fan to operate correctly. I`ll get one and see if it works any better.

Comment

Re: Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 - Buggy Fan Speeds

Well Asrock staff is "Emily" the rest here are just unpaid "santas lil helpers"

cpu1 and cha1 are the only fans definitively controlled by set speed..with a cpu temp input, they must be 4 pin pwm fans if not they will run full speed. If you have 4 pin fans connected and set too low a cpu temp they will run full speed.

The issue has been raised a lot and I personally have done like 4-5 posts on it.
      This isnt a this is GOD speaking post and its just from personal experience.
      As a matter of intrest I do use a zalman 4 pin fan, with resistor fitted on CHA 1, speed is limited to a max of 1500 approx, even with cpu temp overide , but I can vary it below 1500 rpm.
      If the resistor isnt fitted, max speed goes to like 2200 rpm and its "Hey are we at an airport, I cant hear myself think with that jet"
      my most recent post is

but I Have posted on the same topic from different thread starters, a few times.
      Last edited by kick; 02-11-2012, 05:33 PM.
      Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
      Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
      Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
      8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
      60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
      GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
      Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
      http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Working...
      X