Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock X79 Extreme9 with GTX 590

Hello everybody, this is my 1st post

i am planning to install the dual slot GPU card GTX 590 in PCIE1 slot, but this graphic card has a fan on middle of the card, so i was wondering if the Game Blaster sound card (PCIE3) will cover part of the Graphic card fan. what i mean i hope that the game blaster card is short enough not to cover the GTX 590 fan. the game blaster card has an approximate length of 75mm

also, if i install a dual slot card GTX 590 in PCIE4 AND dual slot Graphic Card (physx card) in PCIE6. How much space should i expect between the two cards? do u think it will be enough for cooling? ofcourse the GTX 590 on slot PCIE4 is the secondary card, so shall i assume it will not get as hot the the primary card on PCIE1?

Thank you,
    i appreciate your opinions

RA

Re: Asrock X79 Extreme9 with GTX 590

Hello,

Well not being a x79 owner , Im just too lazy to go checking dimensions and stuff .
    You dont have these parts yet or you would be able to check for yourself yes?

Id get enlarged pics of the board or check reviews n see what they have connected.
    Like do your own measurements on downloaded pics if you can get them to scale.

Heres a fuzzy pic of my setup on a p67 ex 6 . the top card is shorter than a normal 460 , the bottom card is the normal 460 length and theyare dual slot cards.
    Both cards have the fan in the middle.
    another "tip". The sli bridge connector supplied with the board , shows the standard gap between 2 pcie slots, so with a double slot gx card in in one slot there is a gap of approximately one slot between its fan and the back of the next gx card.
    The pcie slot on the far left of the pic is covered by an exractor fan , but thas ok cos Im not using it.

A
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0066a sli.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	751907
    Last edited by kick; 02-10-2012, 12:36 PM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Re: Asrock X79 Extreme9 with GTX 590

I know I'm a little late but for those who are just finding this, I do have a X79 Extreme9 board with an ASUS GTX590. There is more than enough clearance as well as no obstruction of the fan. The Sound Card does fit close but does not touch either adjacent slot. I do not see any difference in temperatures on the 590.

Comment

Working...
      X