Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDD defect after Bios Update?

Hi,

i did a Bios Update of my Asrock 890GX Extrem3 via the Windows Tool under Windows 7 (all applications disabled, including virus scan, etc.). All went fine, new version is 3.10 now. Tool asked me to restart.

I did restart the system on the spot, but while restarting i heard heavy bumping noises. Before I could do anything the noise stoped. I did load the default Bios Settings, then reboot again. Noises were gone, but so was my harddrive!!?

It's a Samsung Spinpoint 500GB SATA drive and as far as i remember it was set to ahci (was quite an act to get that working with Win7, but i am not completely sure). I went into the settings, put everything on autodetect that I could, tried AHCI and IDE settings.... nothing works. Since the DVD drive was detected in Bios, i switched cables (pc powered down). No effect. DVD still detected, no sign of the HDD.

Is the harddrive gone for good? Come on, that can't be it, I must have missed some setting...

Please help!
    Last edited by matmat; 01-29-2012, 02:23 AM.

Re: HDD defect after Bios Update?

SOLVED!

Got the hint to no only load the default settings, but also clear the CMOS. Done that. Re-loaded default. Working now :)

Comment

Re: HDD defect after Bios Update?

Nice to see you got this sorted out yourself!

Comment

Working...
      X