No announcement yet.

BIOS with "HPC mode" for 880GMH/U3S3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS with "HPC mode" for 880GMH/U3S3 ?

Hi Folks,

I currently use the AMD FX-6100 CPU on the 880gmh board. Under heavy load the CPU drops its frequency to 2,4 Ghz by reducing the multiplier to 7. Temperatures are fine.

I read that other boards have a "HPC mode" that prevent the CPU from dropping its frequency. Will this functionality be available for the 880GMH too? It's actually quite annoying if the CPU slows down during video encoding or other heavy-load-stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Re: BIOS with "HPC mode" for 880GMH/U3S3 ?

So did you manage to solve this problem ?? Because I have the same one under Win 7 64 and with AMD 8350.

Krzysztof

Comment

Originally posted by krzysiaczek99 View Post
        So did you manage to solve this problem ?? Because I have the same one under Win 7 64 and with AMD 8350.
        I have a hunch it's the motherboards VRM section that is causing throttling by going into "self-preservation' mode and dropping the multi/volts until an in spec temp is reached.

I'd venture that right before it begins to throttle the VRM's are hot enough to scorch the skin from your fingertips.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Wow, that's not good! I see this board has no heat sink on the VRM's, that is also not good.

Would adding or increasing air flow in the VRM area help, in your experience? Is the stock CPU cooler a down draft design?

Krzysztof , what CPU cooler do you have?

Small heat sinks that use heat transfer tape or heat conductive glue can be put on each of the 12 VRM chips I see on this board.

Comment

CPU has a water cooling COOL master Seidon 120V. It throttles exactly at 50 deg when I run AMD overdrive load test.
            So the only solution is to provide some cooling to VRM or change the board ??

Which boards don't have this problem ??

Krzysztof

Comment

The water cooling doesn't provide for any VRM and mosfet cooling like a std HS/F does. That's why when I use WC'ing I have Antec Spot Cool's blowing over mine.

Is your problem 100% attributable to over current and or over temp, I can't say with certainty.

IMO the boards 4+1 power section is weak for 8 core CPU's(over current). Never mind here in your instance this board has no heatsinks attached and your running WC'ing which only serves to exacerbate the possible chances of over heating(over temp).

You might find installing a fan somehow to blow over the power section helps(over temp). If it doesn't then I'd consider this to be an over current problem. That's my 2cents anyways.
              #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
              ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                The water cooling doesn't provide for any VRM and mosfet cooling like a std HS/F does. That's why when I use WC'ing I have Antec Spot Cool's blowing over mine.

Is your problem 100% attributable to over current and or over temp, I can't say with certainty.

IMO the boards 4+1 power section is weak for 8 core CPU's(over current). Never mind here in your instance this board has no heatsinks attached and your running WC'ing which only serves to exacerbate the possible chances of over heating(over temp).

You might find installing a fan somehow to blow over the power section helps(over temp). If it doesn't then I'd consider this to be an over current problem. That's my 2cents anyways.
                I agree with this 1000%!

Comment

Working...
                X