Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

z68 Extreme7 and option to disable nf200 chip any chance ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z68 Extreme7 and option to disable nf200 chip any chance ?

Hi, is there any chance to disable nf200 chip on this board?
    I have a setup with passive cooling i5 2400 and on chip hd2000 graphic for now have no plans for using any additional vga
    everything is fine and cpu and board don't exceed 40C even in full stress but nf200 getting very hot, just can't touch it !
    so is there any way to turn this chip off or change some unused voltage settings to minimize this temp ?
    thanks and welcome :)

Re: z68 Extreme7 and option to disable nf200 chip any chance ?

There is no option that I see in the UEFI to disable or turn off the nforce 200 chip. There are a few options for the IGP as you probably discovered...In the Voltage Control sub section you could enable the power savings mode as that is disabled by default to see if that changes things. But unless I am mistaken the board was not really designed for passive cooling since it's an "Extreme" type higher end board. So you might rethink your passive cooling as other components besides the nf200 chip are probably operating hot as well and the result could cause instability and create an environment in which your board an/or components will prematurely fail as a direct result of inadequate cooling...

Just my 2-cents
    SaphireX

Comment

Working...
    X