Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty pro gen3 Multi Issue!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty pro gen3 Multi Issue!!!

Hi guys, ive been having this issue for a while and thought it was me but after following the this boards thread on overclockers.net and receiving a plethora of tips and overclocking advice, i have come to the conclusion that my board has some issues. Basically the issue is i cannot load any multiplier on my board between 44-47. This applies to both the OC options, for example the 4.2 auto-oc will work, 4.4 OC and 4.6 OC will NOT work BUT the 4.8 auto-oc works 100%.

Now ive compared all the voltages for the auto-oc's on their default voltages and i can safely say they do not change (PCH, VTT,VCCSA,CPU PLL). So then i thought maybe my vcore is insufficient, therfore i tried a 1.4 FIXED vcore with LLC of 2 on the 4.4 oc and the 4.6 oc. Still nothing...

But when i load up the 4.8Ghz oc, it works fine. What is stopping this chip from booting at 4.4 and 4.6 but works at 4.8. Id really like to know.

Re: Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty pro gen3 Multi Issue!!!

what is your cpu and its stepping?
    i have this board too and using 2500k .it works at 4.6 ghz greatly with oc optimized configuration with a little change(it could not pass stability tests with default setting so i have changed the diagram of voltage from 5 to 3 ) passed intel burn test and prime 95

Now ive compared all the voltages for the auto-oc's on their default voltages and i can safely say they do not change (PCH, VTT,VCCSA,CPU PLL). So then i thought maybe my vcore is insufficient, therfore i tried a 1.4 FIXED vcore with LLC of 2 on the 4.4 oc and the 4.6 oc. Still nothing...
    in sandybridge max core voltage and the diagram of voltage against load is important not only the vcore
    i think your vcore is so high,1.4v, at 4.4 ghz try to use the default oc optimised with little voltage diagram
    i hope my experience hepls you

Comment

a lot of ppl with 2500ks and asrock boards have this problem. 45x and 46x are no good on my system but 4.7 boots with no problem.

Comment

Really, i googled for days and only found one person with the same problem i had. If you know of any threads, please share them so i can read them thanks. And has Asrock said anything about fixing this particular issue???

Comment

This could be to do with both your cpu sample and its differences to some others(that dont have this problem) combined with.
          this:

"For manual overclocks, we have almost the full range of options - multiplier, power limits, BCLK, memory, sub-timings, and voltages. One thing is missing - the ability to change the CPU strap from 1.00x to 1.25x and beyond. ASRock say this is done automatically by adjusting the BCLK to near the strap you want. This has issues, as if the BCLK is raised it will soon hit the wall of the 1.00x strap, and have a large 'unbootable range' until it reaches near the 1.25x strap. I would prefer the opportunity to adjust the strap, personally."

This is a quote that I read so not sure it even applies.
          Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
          Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
          Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
          8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
          60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
          GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
          Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
          http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Working...
          X