Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock z68 extreme 4 gen 3 issues. Urgent help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock z68 extreme 4 gen 3 issues. Urgent help please.

Hey guys,

I am having some serious issues with my Asrock z68 extreme 4 gen 3 motherboard, i was hoping to contact asrock and talk about the issues but they are away on holidays.
    Before i describe the issue i heard that these where good motherboards but that seems not to be the case as there are so so so many issues with them.

My Issues.

I have installed windows (No drivers from either the motherboard or anything else has been installed.)
    When i restart the PC it holds for a few seconds on the shutdown loading screen (dr debug displays 02) then restarts.

The main issues is when i attempt to shutdown windows it freezes on the shutdown screen and (dr debug displays 05) it stays stuck here i have to manually hold down the power button on the top of the case to manage to turn off the computer after this.
    I have heard alot of issues to do with USB's and this M/B so i used a legacy connector and plugged my usb keyboard into the old ps2 keyboard slot with an adapter this had no positive effect.

This motherboard was working with windows installed on its first day of build but every time i turned it off and then went to turn it back on after it wouldnt be able to load windows instead it went to the system restore option. This forced me to do system restores.
    This happened after i install motherboard drivers and then updated windows.

After this happened i reinstalled windows after formatting the driver and then the restart and shutdown issues have started.

There is no issues with the RAM, CPU or SSD i am using. These have been tested and the fact windows installs and i can access it points me towards the Motherboard i think. Also i test the CPU and RAM by watching them in the reource monitor on windows and bother where operating as normal.

System Specs.
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K
    Mobo: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Motherboard
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance CML16GX3M4A1600C9 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3
    SSD: Crucial M4 128GB
    HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB WD20EARX
    GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 1280MB Overclocked V2
    Case: Antec P280
    PSU: Corsair AX750 Gold Power Supply $
    ODD: Samsung SH-222AB SATA DVDRW Drive
    CPU HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro CO CPU Cooler
    Intake Fans: 2x Gelid Silent 12

Re: Asrock z68 extreme 4 gen 3 issues. Urgent help please.

are u using latest mb bios?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

No i am not but i plan to upgrade it now. Quick question though will this void the board warranty?

Update my BIOS is;

UEFI Version: Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 P1.10

This seems to indicate to me that it is already updated to the latest BIOS, is it?
      Last edited by louis vitton; 01-24-2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Bump, need help please.

Comment

I don't know with that mb,is it the newest one for that mb on asrock website?
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not sure what you mean about no drivers from the motherboard have been installed?

Maybe forget about upgrading the bios for now even if yours isnt the absolute latest.
            You can check that for yourself on the asrock site that isnt closed for "new year celebrations".

set your bios to default, change storage to ahci. Install windows and whatever mbrd drivers are needed from the supplied disc.

you can do a basic memory check using msched in the start program box for the next time you reboot..
            If things stay the same you can reset cmos (see manual).
            You should be able to get a fully functioning system if all the components,including the mbrd are good with the bios that came with it.

Id be reluctant to go flashing a new bios , without a specific reason. If it doesnt work out and you corrupt it cos you dont have proper basic operation you would have to buy a replacement bios chip.
            Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
            Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
            Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
            8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
            60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
            GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
            Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
            http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Thanks for the reply's i have now done the following trouble shooting steps with no success;

Installed windows on the second hard drive from a second windows CD i have (Same shutdown issue is present.)
              I have turned off all legacy USB functions as this M/B seems to have USB issues from what i read.
              Ram windows memory diagnostics many times no issues found.

The system was working for 1 day before it stopped working correctly.
              Also i have not installed any drivers from the CD provided with the M/B just installed windows that is all.

Overall This M/B had put me off AsRock as a brand. I have had many other brands no issues before.
              This morning i went to start the system and continue to trouble shoot and it wouldnt boot not even past POST (i had the usb mouse plugged into the back usb ports next to the ps2 keyboard i have used. I removed this mouse and moved it to the front of the PC and used one of the case USB ports right away boots normally. I then put the usb back there again to test if it was just that and then it just boots normally now. This is weird as nothing else was touched other then that usb before it wouldnt boot and then it does.

I have read many forums with issues on this board and many others who just say it works out of the pack for them.

Comment

Hey guys,

First off i would like to say thank you for you assistance in this issues and your time!

The Motherboard had a faulty chip set for the south bridge causing all the issues. I have replaced the board now under warranty and it works great!

MSY Clayton, Victoria, Australuia where great letting me both take out the old board so they could check it and letting em install the new one on site so that i could see it worked before it left.

Cheers for this!

Cheers again guys!

Comment

nice..and sounds like a good supplier too.
                  Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
                  Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
                  Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
                  8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
                  60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
                  GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
                  Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
                  http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Working...
                  X